• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bad experience

That's absolutely awful!! It's such an awful feeling isn't it?

Really hope your considering putting in a compaint!

Hope your little bun is okay xx

That is dreadful :( It's bad enough when a Vet thinks it's ok to scruff a rabbit but to pick them up by their ears is just awful :(

I'd complain via letter with some reliable information from the website printed off to accompany it just to outline how outdated and wrong the handling was!

I'd also put something in like 'if the handling of rabbits is oout dated then I would absolutely hate to think how bad the information you are giving to less knowledgeable rabbit owners!'

I agree with others. Send a letter and complain to the RCVS. I cannot imagine how they thought it would be acceptable.

Glad that Roger seems ok within himself. Bless him.

Unbelievable!! I would definitely suggest taking it further - to the RCVS if necessary, that is totally unacceptable and can you imagine how much pain that vet will be inflicting on every bunny that walks in through the door. The thought fills me with horror! I'm not surprised you're upset, that must have been totally unexpected apart from anything else. Hope Roger is ok x

Wow, that is one seriously bad Vet!! Hope Roger is ok and agree a complaint should be made. The sooner the better we get rid of incompetent and frankly dangerous vets the better.

Absolutely shocking! Poor Roger, I'm glad he seems OK.

Holly House is excellent, definitely worth the effort of a longer journey. I go there with my chinchillas, I've been up there today actually for Milly's routine 3-monthly dental. Sarah Brown has been regularly treating Milly for 5 years. It is thanks to Sarah's expertise that Milly is still thriving despite the extent of her dental problems.

Oh my Lord! she should know better than to handle a rabbit by it's ears, yes get a letter of complaint off to the RCVS as she can't do that
I hope to God none of her customers follow suit and handle their bunny the same way. That's disgusting!!!!!

Just shocked to read that anyone would do that, let alone a VET!!

I have had a vet scruff my rabbit, which I also found unacceptable, but to pick a rabbit up by it's ears? :shock:

Hello.

We're definitely going to complain. I'm going to remove my original post as not to hinder things should they proceed and investigate the matter .

It really was a huge shock and something I never ever thought I'd witness :(

I fully agree cannot risk this happening to any more bunnies.

Thank you for your support. X

Hello.

We're definitely going to complain. I'm going to remove my original post as not to hinder things should they proceed and investigate the matter .

It really was a huge shock and something I never ever thought I'd witness :(

I fully agree cannot risk this happening to any more bunnies.

Thank you for your support. X

Wishing you all the best with your complaint x

Back