• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sad boy

J&R

Mama Doe
He doesn't like being on his own, we both miss her so much :(

do people think it's ok to nag the rescue about getting back to me so I can at least make him happy again? And is there anything I can do other than try to keep him occupied to stop him feeling lonely and bored? I hate seeing him like this

:cry: I'm so sorry. I'm sure it would be acceptable to contact the rescue again, are you on a waiting list or something? In the meantime you could maybe try giving a soft toy to snuggle, if he's not a chewer. And lots of activities such as a treat ball to hide pellets in, boxes of forage etc.

I sent a reminder email and just got a reply but they don't think they'll have a suitable girl for about 3 weeks. He's not really interested in any toys I give him, I might try a cuddly toy later and see if he snuggles otherwise I'll need to start looking further afield perhaps.

I know how you feel.Two of my buns were recently widowed but being a boy and girl they were able to be bonded together.Before I knew the bond would work I felt very sad for them.
Theres no harm in making enquiries further afield for a rescue bun.It may help you feel more proactive.
Good luck and please let us know how you get on.x

we're off to go dating on Saturday! I'm so pleased for Fiver and desperately hoping he finds somebunny to love - please keeps fingers and paws crossed for him :D

Good luck for Saturday, Fiver.
Remember not to be taken in by first impressions - don't dismiss a possible companion because you don't like the angle of her ears or that her markings aren't quite symmetrical: it's personality that counts!

Just got back from dropping him off. He is in a separated bonding shed tonight with a little black lion head girl, they touched noses through the wire then completely ignored each other! He was a bit tired and stressed from having to go in a carrier in the car for 45 minutes though so hopefully once he perks up he will show a bit more interest. there is also a REW lop who might be a suitable match and 2 other girls who have so far resisted all attempts to be bonded so I think Caroline is going to speed date him with all of them and see who looks like they might fall for his charms :love:

I'm really going to miss him this week but will focus on getting the playhouse deep cleaned and painted plus I have some ideas of how to make the run a bit more interesting.

No, I'm so tempted to text and ask but I'll give it a few more hours and see if I hear something first.

Thanks everyone, he is at RRR but Caroline is really poorly at the moment and I think was planning to have a bit of a break today so I don't want to harass her for news, tempting though it is!

I think the plan is to try him in the bonding shed (so they're seperated but can see and smell each other) with all 4 girls first and then do actual introductions to whichever ones appear to have interest so it may well be a few more days till any real news. It's a much smaller space than he's used to it so I bet he's in a right grump too which won't help :lol:

I have cleaned and disinfected the playhouse and tomorrow is painting day. Taking down my gorgeous 'Rosie and Fiver' sign has upset me a bit today i must admit.

Bit of an update, as there is another boy who came in for bonding on Saturday too who's an older shyer chap and probably harder to bond we're waiting till he finds an initial spark with someone then Fiver gets second choice. Glad to hear he is doing well though, I miss him :love:

I have painted the house today though, am pleased with the outcome but shattered now!

1D27156C-BD9F-4591-AE11-8C287A506D11_zpssfcgk7mq.jpg

Last edited:
Back