• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent..Someone selling rabbit on local facebook group, not sure what to do?!!

ImoT

Mama Doe
I am part of a local buy and sell facebook group, it's mostly odd bits of furniture and bits and pieces, however I have just spotted someone selling a rabbit and hutch on there. The actual message she posted is; ''i have a less than 2 year old, well looked after, female rabbit and hutch for sale. looking for £50 comes with two story hutch, various accesories, sawdust and food''

I feel like I should do something but i'm not sure what?! Is it worth reporting it to the RSPCA? Or reporting it to facebook?

There should be an admin for the page you can message to let them know, most selling pages don't allow advertising of animals. Good luck :thumb:

There should be an admin for the page you can message to let them know, most selling pages don't allow advertising of animals. Good luck :thumb:

I've reported it to admin. It didn't let me give a reason for reporting it though.

It's ever so tempting to take it in. Winston isn't neutered though so we would have to keep them completely separate and my OH didn't seem too thrilled with that plan when I phoned him :(

I looked on gumtree to see if I could see an advert from the same lady there and am completely shocked by what people are selling on there! There is someone selling an unneutered and unspayed buck and doe together! Euuurgh :censored:

There probably isn't anything the RSPCA could do about the ad if the rabbit itself has its basic needs met; putting an ad on a FB page isn't the best way to go about rehoming but often people just need a point in the right direction as they may not be aware of sites like Rabbit Rehome and/or local rescues.

You could PM one of the Free Ads Team (see this thread for details http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?128046-New-Rules-for-Free-Ads) and either give them a link so they can contact the seller with some advice about how best to rehome or the team can provide you with some info that you can message the seller with yourself.

Back