• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cage fans/dog crate fans?

Holhol

Alpha Buck
Does anyone use these? I'm debating getting one for fergs pen area (he's free ranging all day til 11pm but he does tend to sleep in his pen) seeing as it's getting so warm and the bun room is BOILING!

I shut the curtains across to block the sun, have the window open and he has frozen bottles but the room is so stuffy and hot :(

If it is really warm I do tend to shut him in the pen in the warmest part of the day (5pm ish in this case) and put a fan on the area to cool it down but I really hate shutting him in.

I've been looking at the battery operated dog crate fans - could really easily hook one onto the pen so he's always got a cool area and I don't have to worry about wire eating! Just not sure if they're good for buns? He's fine with normal fans and will quite happily sleep in front of them :)

Does anyone use these? I'm debating getting one for fergs pen area (he's free ranging all day til 11pm but he does tend to sleep in his pen) seeing as it's getting so warm and the bun room is BOILING!

I shut the curtains across to block the sun, have the window open and he has frozen bottles but the room is so stuffy and hot :(

If it is really warm I do tend to shut him in the pen in the warmest part of the day (5pm ish in this case) and put a fan on the area to cool it down but I really hate shutting him in.

I've been looking at the battery operated dog crate fans - could really easily hook one onto the pen so he's always got a cool area and I don't have to worry about wire eating! Just not sure if they're good for buns? He's fine with normal fans and will quite happily sleep in front of them :)

How about a small air-con unit? (I can't believe I said that - such pampered lives our buns lead :shock: )

How about a small air-con unit? (I can't believe I said that - such pampered lives our buns lead :shock: )

Oooh never thought about that! Might have a look! He's just been nailed clipped, cleaned out and it is the temperature of the sun in my room so I've had to shut him in... He's flopped in front of the fan cooling down but now I'm the one without a fan :lol:

Going to have to get something so we don't have to share!

have you got any black outs behind your curtains, I have some and in summer they act to keep it cooler and in winter warmer, I also keep curtains drawn for mabel

have you got any black outs behind your curtains, I have some and in summer they act to keep it cooler and in winter warmer, I also keep curtains drawn for mabel

We have quite thick curtains but they aren't black out, the entire wall is windows in the bedroom and it seems to get all the afternoon sun. I keep all curtains near his pen drawn but they seem to trap heat :(

Might have a look at blackout curtains though - know a lady who makes curtains so might be worth a go if can get them a bit cheaper thank you :)

I have a couple of large slate table mats that I put in the freezer over night, the buns ignore them until about 2pm then they stretch out on them. They stay lovely and cool as long as they aren't in direct sunlight.

Back