• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

goodbye well not that long

Angora Girl

Young Bun
ok so i'm selling olaf -way to much hair to deal with- he is my last bunny
i want to get a Holland lop, but my parents don't think we should get one right now my family thinks we should focus on getting another dog and breed. which i don't mind but.... i love rabbits i don't exactly 'love' any other animal, i mean dogs are fun to play with but, i just like rabbits better (they got there own special way of being fun ;) )
and i love Holland lops, i couldn't get them at the time when i got olaf :( .So, i have to wait till olaf gets bought then hopefully i can get my dad to start thinking about getting a bunny.
so i guess this is good-bye well if i get another rabbit that is, maybe a couple of months *or more*.

(PLEASE don't Contact me about olaf to buy him, i live in the USA )

(thanks for all the rabbit information)

Good-bye 'hope to come back soon :wave:

What a shame. Poor Olaf...

I know hairy buns are difficult having one myself but I manage to put time aside to deal with her hair plus I wouldn't give her up for the world :love:

I only hope Olafs next owner will actually want him rather than settle for him because they aren't able to get a specific breed such as a Holland Lop ;)

I hope Olaf is able to find a home where he is loved and looked after unconditionally. One has to question whether the responsible thing to do, after re homing an animal, is to get another one. Please give some thought to what is best for the animal before taking on another. Good luck and take care.

I hope Olaf is able to find a home where he is loved and looked after unconditionally. One has to question whether the responsible thing to do, after re homing an animal, is to get another one. Please give some thought to what is best for the animal before taking on another. Good luck and take care.
This.

If you're able to give Olaf up because he molts too much, your parents are probably questioning how much you actually love and want rabbits. I expect you'd be more likely to get another rabbit if you show that you can be responsible and dedicated by putting the effort needed to keep Olaf.
It's nicer for the rabbits to have a friend as well, so it would actually be ideal to get your holland lop as a friend to Olaf rather than to replace him :)

Sounds like rehoming Olaf is for the best if you can't handle the hair, they definitely have to be brushed a ton and clipped frequently if you want to keep their fur short (assuming he's an angora). Best make sure his new owners realize this.

Remember rabbits are social - you need 2 if you get a holland.

I'm not against breeding, but if your family does breed dogs you really need to research a lot, the parents need to be from great backgrounds not just random pure bred dogs and you need to be ok with not earning money from it. Breeding is about having passion for dogs, breeding, and improving the breed. People even lose money from it when you factor in the long list of things you need. And it obviously takes lots of time. Maybe you already know all this but I felt the need to say it anyway.

thanks guys
i will wait till i get another pet,
sorry please don't think i am rabbit hater i just wish for him to have a home where someone has enough time for him :)
william, my family has bred dogs before,
sadly olaf has pasteurella so i can't get him a rabbit friend
and maybe i'll do something smaller then a rabbit
but don't think i don't brush him or care for him anymore , i still play with him and clean his cage.
and sdon't worry i'll make sure that whoever wants him, that they are going to take good care of him.

Back