• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I put 2 rabbits on each tier on 6ft rabbit hutch?

joshyg02

New Kit
I have a 2tier 6ft rabbit Hutch and a single 6ft with a run attached that the adults are in now, and 4 rabbits, and have 1 female mini lop but I am planning to bond her with a male, and two adult english female sisters, The hutch I bought currently is divided so the two floors are separated I have a 2 runs one that is a wood and mesh kind and the other an attachable fence run the mesh run I would attach to the hutch And the fence one I use for a run on the grass, so my question is would it be ok to put the adults on the top floor and the two lops on the downstairs or should I give the Adults the full hutch and the fence run and give the lops the single 6ft hutch I have now and attach the mesh run to the hutch? Sorry if its confusing:roll: thx:)

Upon reading your previous posts it would seem you were given lots of advice on minimum sizes of cages - perhaps re-read them and then work out how you can adapt your set-up to be suitable :)

I there a way that all your rabbits can have access 24/7 to a run? It sounds as if your top story rabbits would not be able to get out of the hutch ...

Perhaps you could get two more wood/mesh runs and get a pipe from somewhere such as the welfare hutch company so that the upstairs rabbits could go from a pipe to a run ...

Difficult to advise without piccies. Hope that helps a bit.

It has taken me a while to get the set ups I want. (Three sheds with runs, one for a quad and one each for my other two pairs). Good luck.

Back