• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit dilemma

i found a rabbit wandering our estate so took it in basically i have advertised it all over the place vets facebook police etc its not chipped my local vet checked its very friendly female iam an experienced owner and have everything for it plus the financial means if it becomes ill its early days yet no owners have come forward what would i have to do to claim it as mine ps yes i have a big garden and a secure area for it to play its obviously someones pet because its healthy well looked after and really friendly and not very old

hi and welcome to the forum, how long have you had the bunny you have found for? we had a found one once had for 3months, then owner came forward, was happy she got home but sad as you do get attached, even though I say we found it was my nans and we kept her there as I had a spare hutch at time that I left at hers for whenever if I went away for my buns, some time ago now

i found a rabbit wandering our estate so took it in basically i have advertised it all over the place vets facebook police etc its not chipped my local vet checked its very friendly female iam an experienced owner and have everything for it plus the financial means if it becomes ill its early days yet no owners have come forward what would i have to do to claim it as mine ps yes i have a big garden and a secure area for it to play its obviously someones pet because its healthy well looked after and really friendly and not very old

Yes I would ask the vet. I work at a vets and we keep strays for about 7 days if not claimed then they can go on to be rehomed. Make sure you let all the vets in the area know and any animal shelters as they will all have lost and found books. As others have said someone may come forward for it at a later date so be prepared for that. But if you can give it a loving home in the mean time then that is really wonderful :love:

I would also let local rspca and animal sanctuaries know in case the owner looks there :thumb:

Back