• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has your rabbit ever eaten a slug?

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I know it's a bizarre question but I pick grass for Doughnut in the morning and when it's wet there are lots of very small bugs on it. I'm guessing they are baby slugs. I've picked the grass before and when bought it in and put it on the newspaper for her to eat, I've noticed one. I just wonder if it would matter if she ate one, she gobbles the grass so quickly I'm not sure she would notice it!

Hedgehogs can have lungworm from slugs. Apparently you can tell by their poo, though I would not know what to look for. I only know because we rescued a hedgehog once, and the person who took it in was going to check if it was infected.

Thanks I didn't think of lungworm, I've seen the adverts regarding dogs and lungworm. I'll keep spreading the grass out and making sure nothing is on it.

Back