• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I will never undertand rabbits...

Fellie

Warren Veteran
The litter boxes are made up of megazorb covered with hay or straw. Over the last couple of months I've been using 2013 Timothy Hay as their toilet hay - mixed with cheap meadow hay - and they get 2014 Timothy Hay to eat (they don't like the 2013 hay so had use up 10kgs of it somehow:roll:).

I ran out of the 2013 Timothy Hay so bought a big bag of yellow barley straw - nice and soft for their bottoms...and made up the litter trays with that - and giving the usual 2014 Timothy Hay to eat.

Little sods decided that the cheap, no nutritonal value, barley straw was much better to eat than the Timothy Hay - ALL of them...and used the Timothy Hay for their poops and pees.:shock:

Ah well - what ever floats their boat - and I guess I can expect some glorious golden poops today :lol:

I have the same problem - spent a small fortune on oxbow western Timothy hay, oat hay, other really nice green Timothy hays, was he interested? Nope!

Give him a bag of B&M yellowy Timothy hay at £1.99 a bag and he is in heaven! Literally the only hay he eats without force haha.

At least cheap tastes work out better for us! No way I was paying £10-12 bag for oxbow on a regular basis :lol:

Back