• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you hoover? (Indoor bunny question!)

How often do you hoover your bunny room?

• More than once a day

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Once a day

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Once a week or less

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
I've started hoovering Ludo's bedroom every day. Since we redecorated its much easier to get Henry in and around.

I was wondering how often other people hoover their bunny rooms?

ETA: By bunny room I mean the room with their hay box and litter tray!

Last edited:
When I had the rabbits indoors I felt I had to hoover at least once a day. It felt lovely for about 10 minutes :lol:

Our bunnies share their rooms with us human folk - i have to hoover daily cos of the hay & fur, rather than poo - they are good at using their litter trays thankfully

Few times a week. I actually only hoover the bunnies enclosure about once a month. I mostly work with a dustpan and brush, even though Finn attacks me for using it! :lol:

I didn't read the question properly before voting :oops: Danny & Sandy's pen has lino on the floor, so I sweep it every day. They come out into the living room in the evening, and I hoover that carpet about once a week (picking up any stray poops daily).

He has 1/2 of our living room, there is a gate to the living room door as it doesn't properly close and panels splitting the room into two, which we keep one un-connected so that we can swing it like a gate as we walk through his area to get in and out.

As a result, hay gets trod through the living room and into the hallway! We tend to hoover his section a few times a week, sometimes I have a week where I vacuum almost once a day, and sometimes he's not as messy so I leave the carpet and just sweep his base out.

I think I'm a bit lazy to tell you the truth, as the vacuum goes back into the cupboard behind the ironing board and I just CBA :lol:

In our last house, it was carpeted throughout, and keeping the guinea pig room clean was a nightmare. Let alone when we had house bunnies. In all honesty, the house only got a weekly vacuuming, and I felt like I lived in a barn.

The best decision we ever made was to put lino down in the guinea pig room before we moved in. It gets swept out several times a day, and steam cleaned once in a while.

For the hay that gets trodden into the carpets, I use one of those GTech Air Rams, which are really good, every other day or so (but not the whole house!)

If I had time I would hoover every day - but can only do it once a week but I do sweep up regualy.

The buns stay upstairs so downstairs doesn't get any poop or hay or hairs (although I would like some one to explain the pieces of hay in the dish washer:lol:).

The buns have their room and the spare room as a play room and the landing - and a couple of pairs have our bedroom as well (what is it about underneath the bed they love so much :roll:). The playroom floor is covered in waterproof picnic blankets and those are covered with rubber matting and the landing floor is covered with picnic blankets which just get taken out and given a good shake.

Yes - there are poops and hay everywhere upstairs - but at least it is confined to upstairs so it doesn't bother me too much. I don't have the time or energy to get worked up about the poops:D

I voted every few days as they had their own bunny room in our flat, and when we recently moved in our house it needed decorating so I only really bothered every so many days.
The bunnies have to share with us hoomins now though so once we've finished decorating it will probably be nearer to every day! Especially seeing as my girl has decided to use the top of their cage as the litter tray instead of inside it so when they jump on top and jump back down they kick her poops all over the floor! :roll:

I haven't got a bunny anymore :( but the piggies are in the dining area of the kitchen and I vacuum all the downstairs every evenining . I sweep the stray hay up every morning too.

About once a week normally, although I do sweep them out every night to get rid of any stray poops and bits of hay.

I really should hoover more though as they are in my bedroom and Hershel is going through the heaviest moult possible.

Twice a day, they have lino in two of their three rooms but they have a lot of blankets down so I find it easier to hoover in general, though their big blanket I sweep and then hoover the remaining bits. I love my little dyson :love:

We try and Hoover as little as possible - Fergie REALLY hates the Hoover so we try and avoid it but the hall/stairs/landing get done a couple of times a week (mums orders!) as I treck hay all over them :)

I probably only do the rabbit room (my bedroom) once a week but I brush up a few times a week instead :)

I sweep up stray bits of hay in the kitchen every day, usually about 3 times a day to be honest; once when I wake up, once when I get back from work and once before I go to bed. I dustbuster the living room (where Winston has supervised play) every evening. Then we hoover the whole house once a week. I'm a bit of a clean freak though.

I sweep their room often (most days) but rarely hoover. I dont like the noise and we only have a carpet in the living room which the dogs are in the process of trashing (digging at it loads ...).

Our downstairs floors are slate and our upstairs floors are wooden floor boards.

Not enough :oops: the state of my carpet is embarrassing. I even found hay in the teabag canister the other day! Lola is terrified of the vacuum and it is a hassle to get her into the kitchen or for me to carry her out the way (she hates to be handled and it takes forever to catch her! We sweep it with a broom the best we can in between but not often enough either.

They have wrecked it though and we are going to get a solid wood floor instead. Although Lola will have a piece of carpet under her pen. I can't wait! I will actually be able to have people in my house again then too :D I do miss my pre bunny perfectly cream carpets though. I used to set the robot vacuum to clean them when I was out.

Not enough :oops: the state of my carpet is embarrassing. I even found hay in the teabag canister the other day! Lola is terrified of the vacuum and it is a hassle to get her into the kitchen or for me to carry her out the way (she hates to be handled and it takes forever to catch her! We sweep it with a broom the best we can in between but not often enough either.

They have wrecked it though and we are going to get a solid wood floor instead. Although Lola will have a piece of carpet under her pen. I can't wait! I will actually be able to have people in my house again then too :D I do miss my pre bunny perfectly cream carpets though. I used to set the robot vacuum to clean them when I was out.

awww lol mabel just sits there as if to say I aint moving just hoover round me :lol:

Back