• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you change your bunnies names when you adopt them?

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I do (though if i'd liked their original names & thought they suited the bunny I might not have ...)

Buster became Ralph, Warren became Joey, Pippa became Boo...

Just curious about what other bunny owners do :wave:

No, I haven't so far, but that was because they seemed to suit their names. Dandy and Beano are a right pair of comic characters, and Boots is a monkey, but also his back feet are quite big and fluffy as if he's wearing boots :lol:

No, I haven't so far, but that was because they seemed to suit their names. Dandy and Beano are a right pair of comic characters, and Boots is a monkey, but also his back feet are quite big and fluffy as if he's wearing boots :lol:

Yours did come with cool names though. I think your Boots must have feet similar to Boo's who are massive & look like she is wearing snow boots. She has fantastic balance

No, I left Harry as Harry although it wouldn't have been my choice. Because he'd already come for a holiday with us whilst his owners went on a cruise we already knew him as Harry!

If I like the names, I keep them. Changed Jessie and Woody from Biscuit and Cappucino - (boring!), Hettie stayed Hettie as I liked it, same with Noah, but Skye had to change (she was Doris - old woman name!!).

The guinea pigs have all either not come with a name, or had their name changed. The three girls I have now, none had names apart from Peaches, her old name was 'Fluffy' :roll: Molly was a P@H adoption centre girlie without a name and Mabel came from a rescue, she also had no name.

Marley was Lenny, and Maisie was Treacle. Marley from a rescue and Treacle free ads

Rose was Bailey which I changed but she was only about 10 weeks.

Humphrey was called Lily.. His previous owners thought he was a girl for 18 months! :lol:

I supposedly have a policy of if they were named by the rescue then I keep the name (unless it's awful) and if I get them direct from previous owner I change them, unless I really like it!.(depending on circumstances of why they were given up)

Rudy and Tinkerbell kept their names. I also adopted Anakin from rescue and adapted that to "Anarchy". I wasn't keen on the name 'Bluebell' as it was just the obvious name for a 'blue' rabbit - as she was living with Benji I changed her name to Betsy as the bunnies fit together so well so their names should too :love:

I did decide I would go for really unusual names but recently I've chosen names such as Benji so that wasn't very inventive :oops: but there was a reason for it. ... I also have a Binky, which is hardly unique either - but he was named by RU so it felt right for that name to stay.

I think Elijah is probably the most unusual name of my crew.

The one we are hoping to adopt is called "Teneka."

I'm not a fan of the name at all but she's been called it all her life so would be odd to just change it I think.

Thomas used to be Reggi or Ralphy. We were going to call him Nibali (surname of an Italian cyclist), but it didn't suit him so we called him Thomas after Geraint Thomas. We think the name Thomas really suits him. Gwyneth was named at the rescue centre and I looked up the meaning - fair, white and happiness, it's perfect for her <3

These two were Monty and Beatrice and are now called Mottle and Peaches;

I named Frosty and Snowflake (white and agouti, white and black). Tessie and Daisy brown eyed brown and blue eyed white) already had their names and I liked them;

I changed Autumn and Sunshine's names, they were Bunny and her son red agouti male;

Our late bun Blossom was called Mercedes...such a chav name so we had to change it! It definitely did not suit her! :lol:
tumblr_nn691b2pl21tirn5fo2_540.jpg

Her babies, Odie and Zelda were born at Christmas time I believe so were named Dancer and Prancer. Hideous! Had to choose names that really suited them. (Zelda on the left and Odie on the right)
tumblr_nn4ewaNKwh1tirn5fo1_540.jpg

Our late bun Blossom was called Mercedes...such a chav name so we had to change it! It definitely did not suit her! :lol:
tumblr_nn691b2pl21tirn5fo2_540.jpg

Her babies, Odie and Zelda were born at Christmas time I believe so were named Dancer and Prancer. Hideous! Had to choose names that really suited them. (Zelda on the left and Odie on the right)
tumblr_nn4ewaNKwh1tirn5fo1_540.jpg

aww I like prance but for a reindeer yes :lol:

i named all my bunnies as they weren't adopted (before i knew about rescues) ... patch, smudge, bisc and matt :love:

my piggies all had different names - chesney was previously called ginger, maisie was given the 'name' tri-coloured sow!, eddie was previously dandini, mollie was previously treacle, and benjie was previously elliott.

When I found Kizzy in my front garden I handed her over to the RSPCA, I knew nothing about rabbits and my garden seemed too small to give her a decent life. In just the few hours I had her between finding her in the garden and handing her over I pretty much fell in love with her. No one came forward to claim her and I'd kept in touch with the RSPCA and by then I'd realised that I could keep her as a house rabbit.

The RSPCA had called her Tannia which would have been confusing so we changed her name to Kizzy which is short for Kismet (Fate) as it was fate that had me leaving my house at just the right moment to find her.

When we adopted Bob he had been at the RSPCA for longer and knew his name so we decided not to change it. He is Bob the Bunny to his friends but to mere acquaintances he is more formal and likes to be addressed as Robert the Rabbit.

When I found Kizzy in my front garden I handed her over to the RSPCA, I knew nothing about rabbits and my garden seemed too small to give her a decent life. In just the few hours I had her between finding her in the garden and handing her over I pretty much fell in love with her. No one came forward to claim her and I'd kept in touch with the RSPCA and by then I'd realised that I could keep her as a house rabbit.

The RSPCA had called her Tannia which would have been confusing so we changed her name to Kizzy which is short for Kismet (Fate) as it was fate that had me leaving my house at just the right moment to find her.

When we adopted Bob he had been at the RSPCA for longer and knew his name so we decided not to change it. He is Bob the Bunny to his friends but to mere acquaintances he is more formal and likes to be addressed as Robert the Rabbit.

love this :lol:

Back