• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do? (hedgehog family)

KoShiatar

Mama Doe
057_zpswqvl6hdq.jpg

011_zpsnggo2jsc.jpg

013_zpsglrnvrhf.jpg

So today I was lifting up a bag of soil in my greenhouse, and I found this little one! Imagine my surprise. I knew there had to be hedgehogs in the proximity because I could hear them, but I was certain they were living in Maia and Wafer's burrow, which is just next up to the greenhouse.
When she saw me, she hid under the plastic sheet (actually an old empty bag of soil), giving me the suspicion that perhaps her litter of babies might be there as well. However, I'm afraid of the danger of suffocation for the small family. But I dare not disturb the bag because I'm afraid she will abandon her babies if I do so.
What to do? Does any of you have any experience moving a hedgehog family?

No experience I'm afraid. Just had a google & there's a few hedgehog trusts out there - I'm sure they can give you advice. Good luck

I'm not in Britain, unfortunately. Here in Italy there is no trust dedicated specifically to hedgehogs. I wonder if any animal protection society can help me.

I would guess that's your best bet, any wildlife protection society would surely. I'd love to know how it goes

Back