• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns Match?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
So, those with pairs or groups, do you have matching buns or are they totally different?

I have two agouti buns, one of them a lionhead. They really do colour match.

OH - AND PICS ARE GOOD :)

Last edited:
I guess they do sort of do? they are kind of like an inverted colour of each other?

Milo is cream with patches of grey, Finn is grey with patches of cream! You wouldn't believe they aren't brothers! They act like they are though :love: Certainly not the same exactly though! I love matching buns!

11174946_10153168955240502_7763038047111236938_n.jpg

Aww :love: Dandy (agouti) and Beano (agouti and white) are brothers, so they are quite well coordinated :love: Apricot and Ginger were sisters, they were virtually identical!

Mine are totally different Rupert is black and white, uppy eared... Tia is a beige loppy :) their personalities are completely different too - Rupert is outgoing, boisterous, naughty, loves soft cuddly things and would love to be a house bunny.. Tia is shy, independent, quiet, loves the cold, hates soft cuddly things, can, will and does eat whatever she wants, breaks all the rules if she wants chocolate, she will get and eat chocolate and is tough.

150971_10150693381395924_676494856_n_zps4e652ffa.jpg

I love seeing big and wee bunnies together :)

And that tongue out pic makes Rupert look like a wee trouble maker :)

I love seeing big and wee bunnies together :)

And that tongue out pic makes Rupert look like a wee trouble maker :)

ha yes, he's definitely a trouble maker! this is the asbo bunny photo! they were woken up in the middle of the day cos we were going out that evening and he wasn't allowed n the house so he was a great big grump!

DSCF4338_zpsrks3xjxl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They are pretty evenly matched in weight but thats about it, in temperament, body shape etc they are very different.
I remember my 1st visit to a sanctuary where Angel selected her own husband & was more than a little disappointed she rejected all the other buns in favour of one identical to her. He turned out to be a very special rabbit indeed so I forgave her "racism" & commended her on an impeccable choice.

Nope, not at all!
Rose (lop) is also about 1 1/2 the size of Humphrey, although you can't tell from that pic.

Yes & no!!

20150307_153530_zpsc6oxg8fj.jpg

They are sisters, very different colourings and only occasionally, like during their rebonding, could you tell any resemblance!
In their litter (their mum was a rescue bun & we got them from the rspca) there were 2 grey boys, 1 black boy, 1 white female (Sugar) and 1 Sooty Fawn (Toffee).

Yep they match!
Kizzy was found just wandering in my front garden. After I officially adopted her from the RSPCA, had her spayed and allowed time for her to recover and settle in, I went husbun hunting and Bob was the very first rabbit that came up on the RSPCA's search. Luckily it was love at first sight for them.

This was their very first date:

Hmmmm. Mottle and Peaches

They are a really devoted couple but are different to each other in looks and personality. Mottle being really laid back.

Autumn (mum) and Sunshine (son) are almost identical. Sunny is a bit less red and slightly smaller;

The quad are a mixture. Frosty and Snowflake (brothers, lionhead x dutch) match really well but Tessie and Daisy (sisters) are very different in looks. Frosty and Daisy are the dominent rabbits in each pair!

Snowflake is black and white, Frosty is agouti and white. Daisy is white with blue eyes and Tessie is brown with brown eyes.

Back