• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outside hutches

amaeving

Young Bun
So there has been a change of circumstances, with me changing jobs and as such have had to move back in with my parents - who will not allow my two housebunlets to be just that house buns. So they are going to have to move outside. They already have a runaround 8' x 4' pinky box that they go on the grass on in the summer so that can be converted to be a run (we have a large concrete area that this can be placed on) however I am hutchless - a shed or playhouse has been vetoed by the powers that be however they have agreed that they will buy the bunnies 7 x 3 double hutch. I was wondering if anyone had any prefereneces. I have looked at the welfare hutches one - which i think i may end up going for, however do prefer the boyle's pet housing version as i think they would adapt to jump boxes much better than a ramp. There is however a 12 week wait on this - which is not practical!

Does anyone know if the hutch man is still making hutches - as that is the other option i would consider - the rydale don't do a 7 x 3 double so that is out.

Any helpful comments welcomed!

So there has been a change of circumstances, with me changing jobs and as such have had to move back in with my parents - who will not allow my two housebunlets to be just that house buns. So they are going to have to move outside. They already have a runaround 8' x 4' pinky box that they go on the grass on in the summer so that can be converted to be a run (we have a large concrete area that this can be placed on) however I am hutchless - a shed or playhouse has been vetoed by the powers that be however they have agreed that they will buy the bunnies 7 x 3 double hutch. I was wondering if anyone had any prefereneces. I have looked at the welfare hutches one - which i think i may end up going for, however do prefer the boyle's pet housing version as i think they would adapt to jump boxes much better than a ramp. There is however a 12 week wait on this - which is not practical!

Does anyone know if the hutch man is still making hutches - as that is the other option i would consider - the rydale don't do a 7 x 3 double so that is out.

Any helpful comments welcomed!

I would PM The Hutch Man on here. Think he is still making hutches, but when time allows. Can't hurt to ask, and that's where I would personally go if I needed a hutch/run.

you could ask welfare hutches to add a jump box instead of a ramp? i'm sure they'd be happy to do that for you. most companies will make adjustments for you. maybe send them a pic of what you want and see? have you emailed ryedale? i would think they'd be happy to make something to your specification aswell. they do all seem to want the business so worth asking :wave:

Surely a 7 x 3 double hutch is just about the same as a shed, but a shed would be sooooo much easier (esp in the wet weather)?

If that is deffo not an option then you have had some great advice.

Hi at The Welfare Hutch Company we can certainly do a jump box for you or can put a ramp with a side on or put a pipe instead of a ramp for you depending on your bunnies preferences :D

Back