• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you set out your hutch?

My two mini lops are currently in a shed but I need to swap that for a hutch/run combo.

How is everything set up in your hutch when it comes to food, litter tray and sleeping? Concerned whether there will be enough room!

Does the litter tray need to go in the run section?

Sorry for silly questions!! 😳

I'm also interested in seeing what people say as although my buns are currently house buns, it looks like they will be going outside to their 6ft double hutch and run.

I personally was thinking of having their food & water on the bottom of the hutch, with their wooden bridge. obviously housing compartment upstairs.. With a bowl full of forage and then they will have a 3ft run around pipe connecting that to their run where I'll have a little wooden house so they have somewhere to hide in, along with another wooden bridge, tunnel & their huge selection of toys - spoilt buns! ;)

I was going to have 2 litter trays, 1 in their bottom part of their hutch and a second in their run.

But what do you think? Xx

The litter tray should go where the bunnies decide - you can try and influence them by putting it in a logical place with some dirty litter but ultimately they will choose

Mine only go at the back of the run under the hutch

They have a one tier hutch with permanent run access - half is a bedroom with lots of hay, half has a den and water bowl

The run has a platform and plastic tunnel and log tunnels and twigs to chew

They get pellets scatter fed or in a treat ball

And they normally come in to the unheated conservatory to have their greens

Will try and find a photo

I think having a litter tray (covered) in the run is a great idea. I would also have plenty of hiding places with more than one entrance.

Sounds like a lovely set up.

Back