• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What have your rabbits taught you?

They hold grudges... Flo still hates for from her spay and subsequent trips to the vet over a week and half ago! :lol:

Julien taught me that it is okay if the house is a little bit messy and that life is good and worth fighting for as long as you have love, yummy food, toys to play with and someone to share it with that you love.

They require far more work than anyone who isn't a bunny person realises! The amount of work I did with my first rabbit vs now is huge, which also makes me feel terribly guilty.

That the only moment that matters is the 'here and now'.

That's interesting- that was my first thought too.

My second thought was 'There is Hope'. Which for my rabbits, coming back against the odds most of the time, there is hope, even when you think there is none.

Oh, also, that rabbits are better than people :lol:

To watch my back. Haha they literally watch me to see where I'm going to see if they can get away with what they're doing naughty i.e. jumping into /onto where they know they shouldn't lol

My rabbits have taught me that they are soft, sharp, fast, selfish, funny and fragile creatures. I saw my first rabbit transform from a scared and defensive creature living in a very small hutch with no run into a vivacious, friendly and chilled out bunny when given the right living environment. I have learned how to be a rabbit vetinary nurse giving medicine, injections, ear drops and draining abscesses and I have learned how these little creatures get under your skin and break your heart when they cross the bridge. I couldn't imagine life without rabbits.

To worry. A lot.

(Special mention to Rose for refusing food, scaring me, then being 100% back to normal yesterday :thumb:)

That the only moment that matters is the 'here and now'.

Totally this. Not necessarily my rabbits, my pets in generally. When I see them basking in the sunshine or running about/leaping for joy it reminds me what is important in life, taking pleasure in the simple things, stopping and having a moment to take it in. See my favourite quote below. Sums it up for me.

My Louie reinforced the fact that a freeranging rabbit is a fantastic thing to see :love: That being locked away in a hutch is not good if you truly want your rabbit to be a part of the family.

He also taught me that, no matter how well you look after them, they still die too young :(

Back