• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dig box: organic/peat free compost- with added fertiliser?

Azucena

Alpha Buck
Hi

Dig box was finished yesterday and soil put in, but I've just noticed the compost says that it contains some organic nitrogen fertiliser.. Is this still safe?
There wasn't enough so I've got more soil today, and this one says it contains a very small amount of inorganic nitrogen fertiliser (stupid small print!). Presume this isn't suitable to use for the dig box?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the ones you've already used, but the one I was recommended to use on a Tortoise forum, was Wicks sterilised Top Soil. :)

Yep that's the one I have for my Tortoise to dig in.

I expect it's just a coincidence, my bunnies have managed to dig in my flower pots before now and not come to any harm :) how does she seem now?

Yep that's the one I have for my Tortoise to dig in.

I expect it's just a coincidence, my bunnies have managed to dig in my flower pots before now and not come to any harm :) how does she seem now?

Great thanks, I'll buy some of that! :)

Back to normal now,thankfully! She had me worried though.. She just seemed 'off'. Couple of hours later and normal service resumed.

Glad to hear Rose is fine.

I'm sure she's going to have lots of fun digging until her hearts content! :lol:

Back