• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

adding a male to my pair of females?

Bassdoodle

Young Bun
My 2 females are spayed and get along pretty good they have the odd squabble here and there but who doesn't?

Anyway I've seen and heard about all these rabbits in rescues and it breaks my heart seeing them there and hearing about what they have been through so not right now but in the future I was thinking of maybe adopting a neutered male and introducing him to my 2 girls

However I am no expert on rabbit, I did research them before getting my 2 though and the 2 girls are my first rabbits

Would it Be a bad idea to introduce another rabbit to an already bonded pair? Even if it were a male? Or would the females fight over him?

It wouldn't be for a while either as I'm planning on extending their hutch first and maybe dedicating half the garden to them then after all that's done I might consider rescuing a male if it's not a bad idea

What are your thoughts on This??

Hi there! I think your girls would accept a male rabbit as long as you introduce them in totally neutral territory. You would have to give the bonding quite a bit of time, depending on the personalities of your girls. In my experience the girls wouldn't fight over him, they would share him but the dominant doe would be the one to have the babies. (We know they can't, but they don't!) :)

I successfully added a younger male to my trio of girls with a rescues help matching us and doing the initial bonding with me

Back