• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex Rabbits

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Hello :wave:

A friend of mine has a single female Black Otter rex (Bear) and is rehoming her and would like her to go to a home where she can have a friend. Once Flo is fully recovered from her spay we are going to try and bond them (hoping Flo will be nice!). She has tried to bond Bear to another friends rabbit which didn't work out - but apparently Bear just let the other rabbit be in charge and was pretty chilled so hopefully a good match to Flo's feistier personality.

I've never owned a rex before - is there anything about the breed I should know about? I know they get sore hocks - how can I prevent this and what can I do if this occurs? How big will they get up to?

Thank you !!! :love:

hocks are the main worry with rexes, although i think they also suffer from heart defects as well? prevention is definitely the way forward in terms of sore hocks - will they be outdoor rabbits? i have stable matting in my shed as it has a little 'give' and also areas with thick layers of hay. keeping them at a good weight is really important too to prevent it....i know fern is a little chubber :lol:

Back