• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch selling woes!

anaqi

Warren Scout
I'm selling a 42" single hutch on Gumtree and my husband thinks I'm daft because I've just done myself out of a sale on principle.

I advertised it as suitable for a guinea pig or as use as a rabbit shelter/hide A person contacted me about it and wanted to see it but then they said they were going to keep a dwarf rabbit in it and my heart sank. I didn't know if I should shut up and let the sale go through or say something.

I couldn't help myself and I said something.

I said the hutch wasn't really big enough to keep a rabbit but they said it's only a dwarf rabbit and will only grow to 3 lbs so it doesn't matter. I tried to give them a bit of friendly advice about how much space rabbits really need and they decided not to buy it. I know in principle I've done the right thing but my husband thinks I'm daft and should have just sold it to them.

you did the right thing definitely. i'd rather lose money than sell it to someone who will trap some poor rabbit in it. :wave:

Imagine the guilt you'd have felt knowing someone was going to use it as a rabbit's only accommodation, I'm sure someone will take it as a hide it might just take a bit longer.

Could you post a pic and price here. It might be something I could use in Minnie & Scooby's run. I'm not far from you and in Worksop regularly as my vet is Wildbores.

Yeah, I know in my heart I did the right thing. We rescued our first rabbit, Twinkle, from our next door neighbours. She was a big lop rabbit (3.5kg) and they kept her in a 3ft hutch which she had literally kicked the sides off! She was such a moody madam but she changed completely when we put her in bigger accommodation.

This is what I'm selling. It's just a cheap pet shop hutch but it would do as a hide. that's what I used it for before I got my new sheltered run.

I have another person interested at the moment, but if they don't want it you're welcome to it. I'm asking £20.

hutch1_zpsbdafrzbs.jpg

Last edited:
Could you post a pic and price here. It might be something I could use in Minnie & Scooby's run. I'm not far from you and in Worksop regularly as my vet is Wildbores.

It would be lovely if you could have it.

If the person that was interested doesn't want it, or wants it for the wrong reasons, then I will have it. It will make a lovely den. :thumb:

Tracy, the other person never got back to me about the hutch. I received another message asking about the 'rabbit hutch' but I'd rather let it go to someone who isn't going to turn it into a bunny prison.

It's yours if you want it. I'm send you a PM with the details.

How awesome of you to care enough about a rabbit's happiness. What a lovely run shelter it will make. Heart warming thread.

I collected the little hutch yesterday. :D It's really nice and will make a fantastic den for Minnie & Scooby, once they have advanced out of the bonding pen and into their playhouse and run.

I'm going to paint it to match the rest of my accommodation, so will be digging out my paintbrush and the Lavender and Cream Cuprinol. :D

It was lovely to meet you Clair, and your bunnies Rosie & Eddie :love:

It was lovely to meet you too! I hope the bonding continues to go well and I hope that Minnie and Scooby enjoy their new den :)

Back