• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gumtree...

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Found these gorgeous baby GiantxLionheads on Gumtree...free to good home...

I just want to rescue them all :(

Last edited:
OMG this is just dreadful. I absolutely detest the Gumtree site for being able to advertise pets. What a totally irresponsible person - 'wants them gone as soon as possible' - absolutely awful. I pray someone decent rehomes them, but I doubt it, especially as they are being advertised as 'free'. Just disgusting.

OMG this is just dreadful. I absolutely detest the Gumtree site for being able to advertise pets. What a totally irresponsible person - 'wants them gone as soon as possible' - absolutely awful. I pray someone decent rehomes them, but I doubt it, especially as they are being advertised as 'free'. Just disgusting.

I know - I don't think pets should be allowed to be sold on these kind of sites. Who knows hat sort of home they will go to?!
"unsure of the genders, but you get what you pick!" Just so irresponsible. What if someone takes a boy and a girl? More rabbit babies who may end up in rescues...
I'm tempted to rescue one as a friend for Flo but she's promised to another at the moment.
Breaks my heart.

I know - I don't think pets should be allowed to be sold on these kind of sites. Who knows hat sort of home they will go to?!
"unsure of the genders, but you get what you pick!" Just so irresponsible. What if someone takes a boy and a girl? More rabbit babies who may end up in rescues...
I'm tempted to rescue one as a friend for Flo but she's promised to another at the moment.
Breaks my heart.

What's the alternative? I've seen pets sold in the Walmart parking lot, I think that's a lot worse. You take away free ads and you get more people selling/giving away pets in dodgy places to possibly dodgy people.

I always stick up for free ads because I think it's the lesser of two evils. I've also seen people give away kittens and puppies in front of grocery stores and pet stores and it's just someone seeing a cute kitten and going 'ooh I want' on impulse. Sometimes with kids begging their parents for them. At least with free ads it takes a little bit more effort and time to get the animal which allows the person to think about it and hopefully do some research/preparation.

I feel bad for pets sold on free ads where you can tell the owners are clearly clueless and won't make sure the animals go to a good home, but I'm not sure what can be done about it besides trying to politely educate the owners and rescuing any pets you can.:(

You're not supposed to post the link to free ad sites, you might want to remove it from your post?

What's the alternative? I've seen pets sold in the Walmart parking lot, I think that's a lot worse. You take away free ads and you get more people selling/giving away pets in dodgy places to possibly dodgy people.

I always stick up for free ads because I think it's the lesser of two evils. I've also seen people give away kittens and puppies in front of grocery stores and pet stores and it's just someone seeing a cute kitten and going 'ooh I want' on impulse. Sometimes with kids begging their parents for them. At least with free ads it takes a little bit more effort and time to get the animal which allows the person to think about it and hopefully do some research/preparation.

I feel bad for pets sold on free ads where you can tell the owners are clearly clueless and won't make sure the animals go to a good home, but I'm not sure what can be done about it besides trying to politely educate the owners and rescuing any pets you can.:(

I see where you're coming from but a lot of animals have been given away from Gumtree and then abused. I've heard of many animals including dogs and cats bought/rescued off Gumtree then used in badger baiting/dog fighting etc and killed. Advertising a bunch of baby rabbits for free trying to get rid of them as quickly as possible? It's just a recipe for disaster...

You're not supposed to post the link to free ad sites, you might want to remove it from your post?

I didn't realise this! Have removed it now.

Back