• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very sad update on Poppy-the cruelty case rabbit

Frankie28

Young Bun
Poor Poppy was sadly put to sleep this morning :cry:
I went out to give her her breakfast around 6 this morning and she was flopped out. As I went over she tried to get up but was too weak to stand. My mum drove me to the emergency vets whilst I sat with her bundled up in a blanket. I knew on the way that it was her time, I could feel her little body shuddering in pain. As soon as we arrived, the vet confirmed what I already knew and helped her slip away.
The vet was shocked by her condition and wants to perform and post-mortem and write a full report to the RSPCA to try and bring her previous owner to justice. If there is any good in this, it can only be that.
So many possibilities are running through my head of why she took a turn for the worst. I know I shouldn't, but you question everything you have done and whether you should have done something differently.
I just can't understand how anyone could be so cruel and neglectful. She was the sweetest natured little thing. I just feel heartbroken at what she had gone through in her short life and how it had to end for her. It's just so painful as I thought she was improving...But I guess there must have been so much damage to her frail little body on the inside that we could not see. I only had her ten days, but within that time I saw what a sweet, cheeky rabbit she was and how she began to blossom. I feel devastated for Poppy but also furious at that horrible, cruel woman. All of this just feels so preventable and unfair. I hate her for what she has done.

RIP Poppy sweetheart, you were truly loved. I'm sorry I couldn't make you better.

A video of her grooming me, such a sweetheart despite everything.

This is heartbreaking. :cry: I am so very sorry. I know her time with you was too short, but you gave her the chance to feel loved and safe. She passed away surrounded by love. Thinking of you xx

I hope this vile woman is punished for her cruelty and neglect.

Goodnight beautiful Poppy, sleep well little one xx

I'm so sorry. Her last bit of time on this earth was at least spent with someone who truly cared.

Binky free Poppy xx

That's such sad news. Take comfort that the vet is taking things further and whilst it was only 10 days with you they were probably her happiest, most comfortable days. Binky free little one

Oh no :( Those 10 days with you would have meant so much to her. A chance to experience love and proper care. I don't know her back story but I hope the prosecution is successful, that the previous owner is banned from owning animals again and publicly shamed in the local area.

Binky free little one xxx

You gave her more love and care in her short time with you than she had probably ever known in her life.

RIP Poppy, I am glad you found a human who does care and who can be trusted. I am just so sad that you were not able to recover from your previous neglect. Karma will see you obtain justice, even if the authorities are unable to do so xx

RIP Poppy. She looked like such a sweetie. I really do hope that the person who was so cruel to her gets decent justice (unlikely though that is).

How lovely that you were able to show her a beautiful and loving connection/way of life before she died.

Oh no, what a heartbreaking update :(

I'm so, so sorry that you lost her. Sleep tightly beautiful girl xxxxx

Bless that poor little bun - absolutely horrific. I hope her previous owner is duly punished for being such an evil and cruel person. Binky-free Poppy, at least you are now out of pain. xxx

I'm so sorry :cry: at least she got to know what it feels like to get love and attention. Binky free Poppy xx

It's just not fair :cry: - but at least Poppy had 10 days knowing love and comfort and for that I am so very grateful.

Binky free beautiful girl - xxx

She was lucky to have known 10 days of love and kindness, I am so sorry she did not have more time with a loving owner. How can people be so dispicable with such a sweet little baby?

Really sorry that you have lost her, but also glad that you found each other. Her final days were full of love and that means a lot.

Back