• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can Will have some vibes. update post 34 one further question

Den

Mama Doe
I'm so frightened for my poor boy. He's not eating and I don't think he's pooped over night. I've managed to get him to drink but he's looking very miserable and occasionally tummy pressing. He keeps sort of shuddering too.

Last edited:
Fingers and paws crossed for him. I hope all goes well at the vets and he is better very soon. xx

My poor boy has been kept at the vets. His gut sounds were slower than they should be. Apparently the teeth on one side are very slightly longer than they should be but she didnt think this would be causing him pain. They are giving him oral empirid (sp) and pain relief it wasn't metacam it was stronger, something morphine. He is being syringe fed and given fluids. Apparently he was guzzling the syringe feed when I left him. If he doesn't respond they will sedate him and do scan of his abdomen.

Am absolutely in bits and don't know why I've come to work. I didn't even think to bring Nancy.

I hope all goes well for Will today and that he and Nancy are soon happily reunited.

Poor Will. Sending lots of vibes for him. xx

A hug for you too, it is so worrying when they are poorly. xx

Will is home now. He has had empirid, and injectable pain relief. He's not been sent home with metacam in case of liver/kidney problems?? He's had sub cut fluids and been syringe fed critical care. He's also had a blood sample taken from his ear and his glucose reading was within acceptable levels. I've been sent home with critical care and empirid and have a follow up appointment on Monday. He nibbled some hay at the vets but hadn't pooped. He was very quiet when we first got back but did a wee straight away. After a little while he started picking at hay and pellets AND WE HAVE POOP. Quite small and some was Furry but never have I been so pleased to see poo. He's had a little bit of critical care here. Not looking forward to doing this on my own tomorrow. He is currently in his litter box EATING HAY. I'm a bit worried him and Nancy are ignoring each other but hopefully they will soon get back to normal. They're always been more like housemates than lovers to be honest. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support.

It sounds as though he is starting to respond to treatment, thank goodness. It may be slow progress over the next 24-36 hours, but hopefully he will continue toward a good recovery.

Topping up the vibes for him xx

It sounds as though he is starting to respond to treatment, thank goodness. It may be slow progress over the next 24-36 hours, but hopefully he will continue toward a good recovery.

Topping up the vibes for him xx

Thank you Jane. I was a bit concerned he'd dropped from. 1.3kg to 1.1 but he is very active and I have cut down on their treats and commercial food as Nancy needs to lose a bit . Once he's properly on the mend I'll give him a few extra pellets. He will be weighed again on Monday. I preferred to bring him home as my vets don't have out of hours on site and he would have to have gone 8 miles away.

The vets didn't mention keeping him in though so I hope that's a good sign.

Will is home now. He has had empirid, and injectable pain relief. He's not been sent home with metacam in case of liver/kidney problems?? He's had sub cut fluids and been syringe fed critical care. He's also had a blood sample taken from his ear and his glucose reading was within acceptable levels. I've been sent home with critical care and empirid and have a follow up appointment on Monday. He nibbled some hay at the vets but hadn't pooped. He was very quiet when we first got back but did a wee straight away. After a little while he started picking at hay and pellets AND WE HAVE POOP. Quite small and some was Furry but never have I been so pleased to see poo. He's had a little bit of critical care here. Not looking forward to doing this on my own tomorrow. He is currently in his litter box EATING HAY. I'm a bit worried him and Nancy are ignoring each other but hopefully they will soon get back to normal. They're always been more like housemates than lovers to be honest. Thank you all so much for your kind words and support.

This is very good news :thumb: I hope him and Nancy get back together again soon.

Hopefully he will now be able to make up any weight he's lost .... Good luck ongoing Den xx

Back