• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Skunk's proposed wifebun is going for her spay tomorrow.....

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
.... and I'm surprisingly anxious:?

I haven't felt like this about a neuter for some time and I can't say why. It's not a sense of foreboding exactly ... just not taking it as 'routine'.:?

She's a blue fox dwarf lop (or at least she looks dwarf lop but is 2kg so ?mini lop?). I adopted her from the place we can't mention and she was supposedly vaccinated and neutered but she behaves like an entire bunny so I'm sending her to my vets to be spayed to be on the safe side. When I took her for her vaccination (I don't trust humans to be truthful so I got that done too!) the vet shaved her abdomen and couldn't find a scar. My little girl is only 8 months old so that doesn't add up. She also doesn't eat hay so it will be a good opportunity to check her teeth.

At the moment she's called Lola as that what she was called in the adoption centre. I don't actually think it suits her but haven't come up with the right name yet (I'm getting useless at this), perhaps if Heather is doing the surgery she will name her but god knows what she will come up with :lol:)

This little girl licks my arms like a good un and chin rubs my face every time she gets chance :love::love: I loves her so much already.

I'll be so relieved when she's recovered from this.

Thank you kindly to those who replied. This bunny is such a little sweety, I hope her calmness rubs off on Skunk and his hay eating rubs off on her :love:

Thanks everybody. I've dropped her off. I found it incredibly hard as she has gone from shy and wary to really, really friendly in 2.5 weeks and now I'm putting her through something horrible. *sigh*. Has to be done. Her hutch stank badly this morning despite being cleaned out yesterday pm, I will be amazed if she had already been spayed.

I hope she still chin rubs my face after this.

Chin rubbing your face awwwwwwww.

Best of luck with her op. She sounds adorable. How about Bluebell or Flower as a name?

Any news Alison? I hope all went well for your little girl.

Thank you for asking. She came round okay and wasn't eating when I got my message so was getting TLC overnight.

I've realised however why I felt weird about this this morning - she was spayed and I feel terrible for putting her through this just because I don't trust humans to be truthful.:cry: I feel a bit rubbish about it but once I forgive myself I've got the knowledge that she won't ever get uterine cancer.... my other positive is she was already spayed and chin rubbed me loads so that's unlikely to change :love::love:

Any news Alison? I hope all went well for your little girl.

Thank you for asking. She came round okay and wasn't eating when I got my message so was getting TLC overnight.

I've realised however why I felt weird about this this morning - she was spayed and I feel terrible for putting her through this just because I don't trust humans to be truthful.:cry: I feel a bit rubbish about it but once I forgive myself I've got the knowledge that she won't ever get uterine cancer.... my other positive is she was already spayed and chin rubbed me loads so that's unlikely to change :love::love:

Bunny Buddy I'm glad all is well with the little one, and that she still loves you :love::love::love:

I'm glad she is okay, hope the tlc tonight will get her eating again :love:

Don't feel guilty, I used to work for a rescue and their policy was not to trust people as well, and with good cause! If an animal came in 'spayed' they asked for either written proof such as a receipt from the spay or a signed letter from the vet practice that carried out the spay. If neither were available then the animal was always checked, normally all that was needed was a shaved side or tummy to find the scar but if no scar was found the animal (cats and rabbits) were then operated on just to be sure. People lie and it is not worth trusting them if it then results in a rescue re-homing a cat that could breed indiscriminately or a bunny that could go on to develop cancer!

If you had even an inkling of doubt then checking was the right thing to do!

Thank you.

She's staying in today as she's not eating yet :( I've a feeling it's just her nature as she is away from home but I've got so much work to get through this weekend that it's better that she stays where they can monitor her, syringe feed her etc... I suspect she won't be easy to syringe feed.

Well, she's home. In total I have spent £148 on this and it didn't need doing :cry::cry:

On the plus side she's eating well now and her teeth were reported as good so no reason why she shouldn't eat hay.

Back