• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My room looks like a farm, too much hay!!

Holhol

Alpha Buck
Think I went a bit overboard on hay shopping... Fergie decided that after his little 3 day adventure to the vets with stasis that all hays bar readigrass were just not good enough so I might have gone a little bit mad :shock:

Currently got a pile of hay bags consisting of 2 types of Timothy, a meadowgrass, an oat hay, a bag of readigrass, some chamomile harvest stuff, an excel forage thing, some dandelion dried forage and some blackberry dried forage... Think that's enough?

I'd just got back from the pet shop buying another bag in an attempt to find a nice one to find a nice little pile of golden poos in his cheapo B&M hay. Wouldn't mind but that's his normal hay that he's been turning his nose up at all week! :lol:

2ywic07.jpg

As you can tell, he's REALLY impressed with my efforts! He's so impressed he's just pooed all over my pillow!

Think I went a bit overboard on hay shopping... Fergie decided that after his little 3 day adventure to the vets with stasis that all hays bar readigrass were just not good enough so I might have gone a little bit mad :shock:

Currently got a pile of hay bags consisting of 2 types of Timothy, a meadowgrass, an oat hay, a bag of readigrass, some chamomile harvest stuff, an excel forage thing, some dandelion dried forage and some blackberry dried forage... Think that's enough?

I'd just got back from the pet shop buying another bag in an attempt to find a nice one to find a nice little pile of golden poos in his cheapo B&M hay. Wouldn't mind but that's his normal hay that he's been turning his nose up at all week! :lol:

2ywic07.jpg

As you can tell, he's REALLY impressed with my efforts! He's so impressed he's just pooed all over my pillow!

Oh the little Tinker :shock:

I had some buns years ago and they went off the huge bags of readigrass so I bought them splendid little ones from Hay Experts at a premium price. Their fad lasted for a couple of years then they went back to the big bags and wouldn't touch the small bag stuff :shock:

I ended up giving it all away to a friend :lol:

Oh the little Tinker :shock:

I had some buns years ago and they went off the huge bags of readigrass so I bought them splendid little ones from Hay Experts at a premium price. Their fad lasted for a couple of years then they went back to the big bags and wouldn't touch the small bag stuff :shock:

I ended up giving it all away to a friend :lol:

He would live off readigrass if he could, I end up driving miles to the vets to get it when we run out but I'm glad I don't have to wait for online stuff :)

There's a rescue with bunnies not far from me so anything he doesn't eat I'll give to them :) he's such a spoilt bun! :love:

Haha think you've got enough hay to last a lifetime there :lol:
My buns have a love-hate relationship with readigrass, sometimes they love it sometimes they hate it!
When Flo was in stasis last week the first thing she ate was Russel Rabbit hay at the vets! I think it's the only time she has ever eaten hay - I've never found one she likes! No doubt if I bought a bag she wouldn't touch it again...
My room still smells like hay when Flo stayed in my bedroom - I quite like the smell :love:

Back