• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweetpea's story

So glad she is with you and getting the care she needs, hope she recovers fully :thumb:

Really sad news. Sweetpea had a sudden decline today, so we took her to the vets and it turns out the abscesses have spread internally. Even though the large one was removed, it was already too late. She wasn't a happy girl, so we made the decision to let her go :( If only her original abscess was sorted sooner, they wouldn't have seeded and spread.
Sleep tight little angel xxx

I'm sorry to hear - but you certainly did (and the vet) all that you could for her. It's ashame she couldn't have been handed in sooner.

However, better to have found out sooner than have it an ongoing and painful situation for Sweetpea

I'm so sorry for your loss. Poor Sweetpea. It's tragic that she wasn't sorted sooner. She could probably have had a better outcome. You did everything you could and your vet sounds great. Abcesses are absolutely awful. It's a shame scientists can't come up with a cure for rabbit abcesses. The bacteria has such a devastating effect on poor bunnies. RIP Sweetpea.

I'm sorry I missed this before, but well done to you and the vet for giving her the best chance.

Sleep tight beautiful Sweetpea. xx

Back