• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sleep well my darling Rolo

Roly Poly

Warren Veteran
Please, please can Rolo have some special RU vibes.

He was a bit off yesterday, weeing outside his tray and it was a strange colour so took him to the vet - he was given some pain relief and some abx for a urine infection.

He didn't pick up last night, refused his tea and this morning, he looked uncomfortable. Took him back to the vet who examined him further and said she felt a mass in his tummy which seemed to be causing him pain. He had more pain relief and they admitted him for a scan. He's now had a scan and X-ray and they think it's bladder sludge. They're going to try and release the sludge via a catheter. To be honest, they've said so much, I can hardly take it all in.

I'm desperately worried about my boy, so any vibes would be so much appreciated, as would any experience on this kind of problem.

Thanks xx

Last edited:
Oh bless, trillions of healing vibes being sent to Rolo and gentle nose rubs. Hope he is soon on the mend. xx

So many poorly bunnies at the moment we have had our fair share this month and last :-(

Sending lots of Vibes for Rolo xxxxx

Thank you everyone - hubby has just spoken to the vet, they have been able to remove some sludge but the bladder is still inflamed, so we've given them the go ahead to open him up to investigate further.

I hope we're doing the right thing, I can't bear the thought of my baby being in pain, I just want to do what's right by him.

I'm so scared :cry:

Please, please can Rolo have some special RU vibes.

He was a bit off yesterday, weeing outside his tray and it was a strange colour so took him to the vet - he was given some pain relief and some abx for a urine infection.

He didn't pick up last night, refused his tea and this morning, he looked uncomfortable. Took him back to the vet who examined him further and said she felt a mass in his tummy which seemed to be causing him pain. He had more pain relief and they admitted him for a scan. He's now had a scan and X-ray and they think it's bladder sludge. They're going to try and release the sludge via a catheter. To be honest, they've said so much, I can hardly take it all in.

I'm desperately worried about my boy, so any vibes would be so much appreciated, as would any experience on this kind of problem.

Thanks xx

Poor lad :cry: The procedure should be relatively straight forward and Rolo will feel so much better once all the sludge has been removed. The Vet will probably want to keep him in for 24 hours to make sure he is weeing OK and that his GI tract is ticking over. Rolo will probably be on a long course of abx and a NSAID too. Hopefully the Vet will carefully explain how best to manage Rolo's diet from now on to try to minimise the risk of more bladder sludge problems.

Sending lots of vibes for your very special boy :love:

sending lots of vibes for rolo. my piggy ches had a really bad case of sludge and chronic cystitis because of it. really scary but he made a full recovery, and i hope that rolo will too with a long course of treatment. hugs x

Back