• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kerbie is not right :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
He went to the emergency vets on Saturday evening as he was breathing rapidly, shaking and couldn't seem to get comfortable. I thought statis as he had stopped eating, he was fine in the morning/afternoon though. The meds he is on anyway are basically statis meds but I think he might have been in pain with his teeth as his heart, breathing etc was all okay.

We carried on with his meds as well as antibiotics amd syringe feeding him as he's just been picking at things and his poos are formed, but wet ones.
He wants to eat but the only things he's going for is coltsfoot, carrot tops, his hyacinth tunnel thing, and two strands of hay. (He hasn't eaten hay since last year, we've been substituting it with grass instead.)

He went back on Monday to see our usual vet who couldn't see in his mouth properly because his tongue was in the way, his bad tooth looks okay but he has some longer bits in the middle/at the back of his mouth so it might be them. He's going in today for a GA/dental to see what's what.

It's the vet surgery further away in town so a longer trip, then having to stay in.. :( He really didn't do well with the vets last time but I think it's definitely dental time as his last dental was mid February :( So worried, but whatever it is needs doing so we will just have to deal with it with him.

He's 9 years old now so all these GAs and mega stressful situations really don't help :( ..well, they do, but they don't.. If that makes sense!

Just sending vibes for you Alycia. I already know about Kerbie being poorly but wanted to send my support here regardless xx

Come on lovely little man xx

Thank you Sarah :love: and zoobec, Tracy and olices :love:

He was not a happy bunny this morning :( what made it worse was the rude receptionist (another reason we don't like going to that surgery!) :evil: A vet nurse came out and collected him though and she's really nice, he has loads of food, hay and things, also his blanket so hoping he doesn't stress too much :( That's the worst part about it tbh! But our vet knows him so she'll look after him :love:
Such stressful animals :lol:

Lots of vibes to Kerbie and to you. I hope he feels a lot brighter when he comes round.

He didn't do well with the anaesthetic :( She had to bring him round quickly, but it wasn't his teeth :(
We've decided, along with our vet, to let him calm down and see if his new medicine helps along side the rest and if he starts eating for himself, then have an X-ray or a blood test when he's stronger :(

He didn't do well with the anaesthetic :( She had to bring him round quickly, but it wasn't his teeth :(
We've decided, along with our vet, to let him calm down and see if his new medicine helps along side the rest and if he starts eating for himself, then have an X-ray or a blood test when he's stronger :(

That sounds sensible. At least you know now its not his teeth bothering him.

Poor little lad, really hope that after a bit of rest he you can figure out what's bothering him. xx

Poor Kerbie :( And so stressful for you too. Vibes being sent that he will be okay and whatever needs to be done to get him feeling better again will be something easy. xxxx

Just caught up with your thread, really sorry Kerbie not well, and had the vet visit yesterday. Hope he's a bit brighter today and the meds help-poor little chap-get well and eating vibes coming your way gorgeous boy xxxx

He is eating carrot tops and dried dandelion leaves, also coltsfoot and forage but still no pellets or anything hard. So we are syringe feeding him through the day too.
He's on the move still and peeing/pooing. Even if the poos aren't amazing!

Poor Kerbie, I hope you can get to the bottom of his problems and get him back on track very soon.

Will he eat softened pellets? This was suggested to me as I'm currently having similar eating problems with my Scooby (for different reasons though - incisor removal). Scooby wouldn't touch soft pellets, but it might be worth giving it a try with Kerbie.

No :( I've been doing him soggy pellets for months anyway but he hasn't touched them for about a week, before the emergency vets he was eating more hard pellets than soggy which I thought was great but now he just isn't interested in them at all. Even tried making them more appealing mixing in some banana like I did with Poppy but it doesn't last long because obviously it goes funny after a while.
We're making a mix of fibafirst sticks, pellets and recovery paste again tonight to give him on a plate seeing as he isn't as stressed out now, hopefully he has a lick of it, if he does we won't have to syringe feed him.

He just looks old now :( He's not 'Kerbie' at the moment and is acting even worse when it's medicine time :( Hoping we can fix him up again asap :)

Back