• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you know what breed Hollie is please?

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
:wave:

All my paperwork from the rescue says that Hollie is a 'crossbreed'.

Any ideas which breeds? Or indeed if she is a cross?

She's soo tiny compared to Rascal, little sweetie pie x

Thaaaanks x

Awww thanks, she is VERY cute and she absolutely loves fusses.

Thanks for asking they're doing ok....I think, I still can't quite work them out.

They sit together, not quite snuggling but certainly close to each other but then Rascal chases her at meal times. He'll let her come back and sit with him and eat after he's chased her though... his tail isn't up when he chases her.

He is happy to groom Hollie (he very rarely groomed Dizzi) but Hollie absolutely will NOT groom him back.

They're also quite happy to flop next to each other.

xx

Aww :love: she is gorgeous, I am rubbish with breeds though :oops: sounds like they are getting on ok, my girls never groomed each other when they were a pair, and they wouldn't groom the boys when they were in the quad either, despite the boys grooming them. Dandy used to chase Beano at pellet times when they first came to me, but I found scatter feeding stopped it :thumb:

:wave:

All my paperwork from the rescue says that Hollie is a 'crossbreed'.

Any ideas which breeds? Or indeed if she is a cross?

She's soo tiny compared to Rascal, little sweetie pie x

Thaaaanks x

I am by no means an expert having only owned my only bunny for a couple of weeks but she looks a little like my milo who is also a crossbreed. Iknow hes half lop but unsure of other half x

Aww :love: she is gorgeous, I am rubbish with breeds though :oops: sounds like they are getting on ok, my girls never groomed each other when they were a pair, and they wouldn't groom the boys when they were in the quad either, despite the boys grooming them. Dandy used to chase Beano at pellet times when they first came to me, but I found scatter feeding stopped it :thumb:

Thanks Zoobec, I just wish I could speak rabbit so I knew whether they were happy together.

I really feel for both of them ....... Rascal's lost Dizzi who he absolutely adored and Hollie, well we don't know her background other than she was abandoned and found as a stray. She falls over herself for fusses but Rascal is much more aloof! lol

I scatter feed too .... only problem being, he starts chasing her before I even get through the door of the run ..... bless him!! lol

I'm really hoping that they'll grow to love each other x

Hi Pip&Milo ...... I think you're right and she's part lop.

My other bun Rascal is a dwarf lop but Hollie is like half the size of him..... so maybe a mini lop crossed with something else??

Not the best pic (especially as that part of the hutch still needs painting) but you can tell the difference in the size of their heads on this:

xx

Oh she is so lovely - have no idea what breed though :D

Bobo has always chased his wife Harley at meal times - he snorts like a wee pig and lunges at her with his mouth open - he's always done it and she has just learnt to skip out of the way. To try and reduce the aggression - they always get fed first and I give them seperate bowls of food and I put his down first and then Harley's in a position that he cannot see. Harley and I work together on this - she has learnt the routine very well bless her and patiently (most of the time) waits. I actually put her bowl in the litter tray and she now waits there for it - however, she has now learnt to grunt too and it's a very funny sound to hear coming out of her (she is a dainty little thing):love:. Despite Bobo's behaviour at food time - she adores him and you can find her happily grooming him minutes after he has attacked her.

Awww what a sweet little rabbit. I dont know anything about breeds but I also have a rabbit (Frosty) who chases his brother (Snowflake) every meal time, despite scatter feeding. Seconds later they will be setted down eating together in the litter tray. The two girls they live with keep out of Frosty's way on the whole although I did see Daisy humping him to make him move out of the litter tray the other morning!

Thanks guys, feel better knowing it's not just my two who act like this.

They were out in the garden last night and this morning and were both doing binkies galore ........ so they must be happy!?

x

Back