• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Better photos of Otis our new disabled giant

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I already love this boy so much. He is an absolute star and loves his cuddly rabbit!

055cc19370c96768c8c305c0d915943b.jpg

a8b0ed23c7097e04600282d11544a047.jpg

Today we started his physio. The beach ball works really well :)

c83f1029d72ce44a7b658ac15f19af8c.jpg

Which one's the cuddly rabbit: I can only see two giant sandy fluffmonsters! :lol: :thumb: He's awesome :)

Ohh, what is his story?

He arrived at the weekend from a lovely family. He developed ec in September and they nursed him through the worst of it. But he has been left with severe hind leg weakness. The owner is really busy, she is the director of a big company, and has found she can no longer fit in his day to day care and physio. So she has asked us to help. She was really sad to give him up but loves him enough to want better for him than she can now provide.

I can tell you, looking after such a huge rabbit with such a severe disability is no easy task. But hopefully we will get there in time :)

He arrived at the weekend from a lovely family. He developed ec in September and they nursed him through the worst of it. But he has been left with severe hind leg weakness. The owner is really busy, she is the director of a big company, and has found she can no longer fit in his day to day care and physio. So she has asked us to help. She was really sad to give him up but loves him enough to want better for him than she can now provide.

I can tell you, looking after such a huge rabbit with such a severe disability is no easy task. But hopefully we will get there in time :)

I'll bet it isn't easy!!

Bless you for caring for the gentle giant :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for filling in the story. You are amazing to take him on and put in the work. I admire you :D
He looks beautiful and so gentle x

He looks like a gorgeous bun, good on you for taking him on, he obviously trusts you. Hope his physio goes well for him x

What a handsome boy! :love:
I feel for you regarding the back strain. (((Hugs))) Caring for the wee bunnies is hard enough, looks as if Otis will be a challenge (trying to imagine his size in comparison to the beach ball) but bless you for taking him. He will be so happy with you, I know it. :love: xxxx

He currently weighs 6kg. He was 7.5 in his prime but he has lost a lot of muscle :(
I have a photo of me carrying him. I'll post it tomorrow x

He currently weighs 6kg. He was 7.5 in his prime but he has lost a lot of muscle :(
I have a photo of me carrying him. I'll post it tomorrow x

Wow! :shock: Yeah, that's a big boy alright! :D
Ohhh...I've wanted a giant for a long time, since I saw a doe at a neighbor's place who seemed to really want some company. :( I still think of her many years later and wonder what happened to her.
Looking forward to the photo :D

Back