• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help what to do now? *wounds pics*

weeble

The bonding of my four had been going really well. They had been back in the shed a week and started having free range time all with no problems

This morning I have got up and evie and Chloe have had a huge fall out. Evie has some big gashes on her side that look awful and is off to the vets in a min

I don't know what to do once we are back. Do I put her back with the others? Or do I keep her separate until she has healed and try to rebond. She was getting on well with fudge should I go for two pairs for a bit then try again?

I cant offer any bonding advice I'm afraid but wanted to wish you well with whatever you decide, and hope Evie gets on well at the vets. Id maybe try two pairs if it was me, but as I said definitely no expert. Good luck.

Personally after a fight resulting in injuries needing Veterinary attention I would not attempt to put them back together. I would stick with 2 pairs. Others may disagree, but I just dont think it's worth the risk. I certainly would not try to put Evie back with all three of the others whilst she's injured. Added to the already volatile situation will be the fact that Evie will be feeling vulnerable due to her injuries and is therefore likely to be 'defence aggressive'. Any one of the others may use her vulnerability to pick another fight to try to establish a higher rank in the group, especially Chloe. If you do ever decide to try bonding all four again I would not do so for many months, probably towards the end of Summer/Autumn as the daylight hours are shorter and 'Spring Fever' is a distant memory !!

I hope poor Evie heals well xx

Poor Evie :( These are the bad two the others are just missing fur

20150412_1050071_zpsn9zycgcs.jpg

20150412_1049541_zpsm4eak8sr.jpg

Oh poor, poor Evie :( those look awful. Must have been horrendous for you to find her like that as well :(

Hope she is feeling a bit better soon.

Urgh poor girl. If it was me Kath I would just have two pairs. In my experience when they have fought that bad they usually remember and you don't want to risk four singles!

Thsnk you. She is in her old kennel now with Fudge and he is grooming her :love:
Aw, bless him. Give me a shout if you need the cc. I can meet you half way to save you coming all the way but hopefully with fudge looking after her she will eat x

Oh no what a state... Poor wee soul.....

I hope she recovers soon, that looks really painful...

If it were me, i would Not contemplate trying again.. That looks horrific,,,

Good luck
Fee xxxx

Back