• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb opinions?

Partyrings

New Kit
Hey guys! I've seen a big bag of megazorb (85 litres) for £15 which sounds quite good to me since I use back to nature and I get a 30 litre bag for £11 but I've never really heard of this litter before so has anyone used it in the past? Is it any good? Ive seen an image of it in a customer review and it looks a bit like carefresh (I loved carefresh but it's too expensive in the UK imo)

Thanks!

I've used it before and it's pretty good (it's a horse bedding so if you can find a local feed store you might be able to get it really cheap as in about £8 a bag) it is similar to carefresh but much smaller pieces which I found even with a good covering of hay seemed to spread all over the carpet :roll: especially as one of my buns if very fluffy :lol: I also found it to be a bit dusty (not too bad but still) and a year or so ago lots of people on here had issues with bags smelling bad, it does smell a bit peculiar anyway although it is fab at keeping urine smells locked in!

I use puppy pads in my buns litter trays as I find it ridiculously easy to clean out and they actually work out cheaper than newspaper since if I were to use newspapers I'd have to buy them especially for the buns! Obviously I'm lucky that my buns have never tried to shred or eat the puppy pads or else I wouldn't use them!

If you like carefresh you might like fitch horse bedding which is basically the same as carefresh. I use it for my hammy and it's lovely stuff, nice and soft like the confetti carefresh stuff but white. I got my bale from amazon and it was £20 for 20kg or you can buy straight from the fitch recycling bedding website.

It's very absorbent, but super dusty. I used it for years, but used it as a layer under something else, as it gets stuck to food and gets eaten a lot. These days it makes my OH sneeze too much, so we don't use it at all.

I use it in trays :) I used to use it all over the hutch but then the bunnies started week g everywhere so I lino the hutch and just put megazorb in the trays :) it's great as its very absorbant

I use it currently. I switched to carefresh for a while but it was working out too expensive so went back to megasorb. I use it in an under bed storage box with a thick layer of hay and it works out fine. I've no problems with smell from the stuff itself or urine odour.

i used to use it years back but it became very dusty. if you do use it, i'd transfer it into another bag outside if possible to remove excess dust.

have you tried fitch? it's lovely and soft and dust free. it's £19.99 for a 20kg bale. :wave:

I used to use it , it was fab but they changed the ingrediants and i thought the new stuff smelled dreadful so i stopped using it....

I use it in bunny litter trays with a good layer of hay over the top. Always found it very good at absorbing wee and smells plus you can easily re-use any dry litter. I use Fitch for the piggies as one of mine has respiratory issues and Megazorb can be a bit dusty.

another thing that put me off using it was that someone on the guinea pig forum contacted them and they actually said they wouldn't use it for small animals!

alot of people noticed it started to smell weird, like vomit, although i never noticed this myself :wave:

and as someone else said, definitely too dusty for any pets will respiratory problems, which my two had/have :wave:

Back