• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reggie - the Black Labrador puppy

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
So there it is, Zena and Reggie :love:

Zena has been fantastic with him, she is such a good girl. Both pups are asleep now.

I nearly got cold feet this morning but I am happy to say I think it was for nothing.

Zena is quite small for a Border Collie (even though she tends to look huge in pics) but she towers over him! I'm sure that won't be for long... :lol:

Last edited:
Awwww. Zena is sooo pretty. I must say Jojo and Tass never had any problems so it hopefully will be that easy!

Tass now (always ready to play)

Tass when we first got her

Jojo

Last edited:
Okay, that's it; I need a puppy.

I think lab puppies just have to the cutest; they're so sweet :love:

I've just got back from a walk with Zena and he is going to sleep on my knee :love: I can't believe how small he is. Wish they stayed like this forever!

So small & adorable but then his big sis is a pretty girly too :love:

& then there's pics of a baby Tass & Jojo :love: so many beauties.

Tulsi, your Tass as a pup :love: do you know what Jojo is crosses with?

This is a really crappy picture, but here are 2 tired doggies :love: we've all had such a busy day and I think he will be a good boy in his cage tonight. He went for his first round of injections and then I took Zena for a walk so he could snooze, then she got back and they both snooze, then he had his dinner in his cage and Zena had hers also. Now they are just like this....

Sorry to anyone on a computer, I'm on my phone so the pics are probably massive!

:love:

My best friend got a black lab puppy 12 years ago this weekend. These pictures remind me of her and how cute and small she was.

She's now really poorly but such a gorgeous dog. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's helping that they are so different - Zena is very independent (even at the age he is) and will come for a fuss but will not climb on your knee for a cuddle or lay next to you if you sit on the floor etc. She is very fussy but not loving, so she doesn't seem to be jealous at all when he comes and climbs on my knee when I'm sat on the floor and goes to sleep - nobody is stealing her spot or anything, she likes to sleep on or in front of the sofa.

He is such a little sweetheart :love: dogs are so easy to love, and I'm so proud of my Zeeny for accepting him so well.

They've been having a bit of rough and tumble tonight!

I did get a little bit nervous as Zena got a little excited, but she did lay on the floor with him and he was climbing all over her face, biting round her fur on her neck, she had his legs in her mouth and kept shoving him with her nose. It all looked innocent, not tense, tails wagging, but he is very small and she was over excited so I intervened.

He went back for more :roll:

ETA I've bedded him down for the night, he's crying a little bit but I'm sure he'll be fine. Everything was getting a little too excitable and she laid on top of him at one point :roll: then she'd calm down but he'd go back.

She wasn't growling at him, any visible teeth were shown in a playful manner and she wasnt biting him, just holding his legs in her mouth as he was on her head biting at her collar. I know dogs rough and tumble etc but he looks so small at the side of her and she really bosses him around :lol:

ETA2 Aww he's quiet now bless him, my mum hasn't come to bed yet though so he may start crying again!

Last edited:
They've been having a bit of rough and tumble tonight!

I did get a little bit nervous as Zena got a little excited, but she did lay on the floor with him and he was climbing all over her face, biting round her fur on her neck, she had his legs in her mouth and kept shoving him with her nose. It all looked innocent, not tense, tails wagging, but he is very small and she was over excited so I intervened.

He went back for more :roll:

ETA I've bedded him down for the night, he's crying a little bit but I'm sure he'll be fine. Everything was getting a little too excitable and she laid on top of him at one point :roll: then she'd calm down but he'd go back.

She wasn't growling at him, any visible teeth were shown in a playful manner and she wasnt biting him, just holding his legs in her mouth as he was on her head biting at her collar. I know dogs rough and tumble etc but he looks so small at the side of her and she really bosses him around :lol:

ETA2 Aww he's quiet now bless him, my mum hasn't come to bed yet though so he may start crying again!

Don't necessarily think it's a bad think if she growls at him during play. :D She'll teach him manners in the way that dogs do, it's how older dogs teach puppies to play. Of course I'm not saying don't ever intervene, because that wouldn't be fair on either, but don't panic that she's being bad or anything. It's super important she does teach him these lessons so that he has good social skills when he's old enough to meet other dogs. :) Labs tend to be a bit bouncy and overexcited when meeting other dogs anyway! My trainer says they're social doofuses. :lol:

Last edited:
Social doofuses is exactly right :lol:
She'll put him in his place if needs be, try not to worry hard as it might be

Back