• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding that can take a trio?

Cookie&Twix

Alpha Buck
Hi! I can finally say that we have successfully incorporated our adopted stray, Smokey, into a bonded trio with Biscuit and Brie! Yay! All good on that front, they aren't close but tolerate each other well. I am obviously delighted for Smokey to be able to have the company of other rabbits.

It has left me in a little bit of a pickle though! We are going on holiday in August and so far, all the places I would have used to board a bonded pair can't take a trio. I would probably feel better if they had a shed for their stay, much like they do now. Not sure they would be good in a smaller space with them not being close (Biscuit & Brie are, but they are the original pair). Does anyone know of anywhere that can board a trio near to WS15? Lichfield, Cannock, Burton or Stafford. Thanks in advance!

Hi there :wave: we have 3 x 8ft hutches available, maybe one of those would be suitable for your trio? In fact, we have a trio of identical jet black lop brothers residing in one at the moment :D

We're in Oldbury, just off junction 2 of the M5, so not too far from Rugeley

Here's a link to our website (www.vipiggies.co.uk), but unfortunately pics of the 8ft hutches aren't on there yet (they were only installed in March and we've been so busy over Easter that I haven't had time to upload any pics!)

Tracey

Are there any pet sitters nearby that would come to your house? In my town I found it's the same price for a daily small animal visit as for boarding and you don't have to disrupt them by moving. I guess you have to give a stranger your keys though which isn't everyone's cup of tea!

Oddity - the problem with pet sitters isn't giving them a key, but the fact that they usually only come once a day, maybe twice if that's what you pay for and only long enough to feed/water/clean. If/when a rabbit takes ill, they hide it well and go down hill so fast, I would rather they had round the clock care with a rabbit savy person.

Thanks everyone! Managed to get them in at a boarding place I used to use before we moved, so I know they will be well looked after.

Back