PDA

View Full Version : Bunny boarding that can take a trio?

Cookie&Twix
10-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Hi! I can finally say that we have successfully incorporated our adopted stray (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?435144-Rabbit-found-in-Hamstall-Ridware-WS15&highlight=ws15), Smokey, into a bonded trio with Biscuit and Brie! Yay! All good on that front, they aren't close but tolerate each other well. I am obviously delighted for Smokey to be able to have the company of other rabbits.

It has left me in a little bit of a pickle though! We are going on holiday in August and so far, all the places I would have used to board a bonded pair can't take a trio. I would probably feel better if they had a shed for their stay, much like they do now. Not sure they would be good in a smaller space with them not being close (Biscuit & Brie are, but they are the original pair). Does anyone know of anywhere that can board a trio near to WS15? Lichfield, Cannock, Burton or Stafford. Thanks in advance!

teejay
10-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Hi there :wave: we have 3 x 8ft hutches available, maybe one of those would be suitable for your trio? In fact, we have a trio of identical jet black lop brothers residing in one at the moment :D

We're in Oldbury, just off junction 2 of the M5, so not too far from Rugeley

Here's a link to our website (www.vipiggies.co.uk), but unfortunately pics of the 8ft hutches aren't on there yet (they were only installed in March and we've been so busy over Easter that I haven't had time to upload any pics!)

Tracey

Cookie&Twix
10-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Thanks Tracey. I'll certainly keep you in mind if I can't find somewhere closer

teejay
11-04-2015, 03:13 PM
:D No problem, any time :D

Tracey x

Mrs. Bunnykins
11-04-2015, 11:07 PM
I could help too, but even further afield.

oddity
13-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Are there any pet sitters nearby that would come to your house? In my town I found it's the same price for a daily small animal visit as for boarding and you don't have to disrupt them by moving. I guess you have to give a stranger your keys though which isn't everyone's cup of tea!

Cookie&Twix
14-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Oddity - the problem with pet sitters isn't giving them a key, but the fact that they usually only come once a day, maybe twice if that's what you pay for and only long enough to feed/water/clean. If/when a rabbit takes ill, they hide it well and go down hill so fast, I would rather they had round the clock care with a rabbit savy person.

Thanks everyone! Managed to get them in at a boarding place I used to use before we moved, so I know they will be well looked after.