• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tool for cleaning out deep hutches

Snowy's Mum

Young Bun
Just wanted to mention something called a Hutch Buddy which I saw advertised at the back of one the RWAF's Rabbiting On magazines a while ago. It's shaped sort of like a garden hoe, but with a shorter handle and it's brilliant for reaching to the back of the deeper hutches without having to actually climb in! I have two 6x3x3 hutches and it has made cleaning them out so much easier. I can't remember where I actually sent away to for it, but if you Google it you'll get a list of suppliers. I think it was about £15. (I suppose you could possibly buy a garden hoe cheaper and cut the handle down to an appropriate length...:) ) I just thought I'd mention it as I noticed a few people commenting on how awkward the bigger hutches are to clean - apologies if I'm repeating info already shared.

For anyone looking for one of these, hay experts sells them :)

I have this one that I got from a garden center locally, it's really short so no use for the big hutches, but might be useful for anyone with a smaller hutch or shed :)

Back