• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anti-chewing spray?

Bunnie

Warren Scout
does anyone know of any anti chewing spray, when I move my rabbits into my bedroom I don't want them eating my wooden furniture (especially the furniture I made myself) does an anti chewing spray exist? we use to have to for my dog where u spray this tuff on the door and it stops the dog from chewing it coz it makes the doors taste really gross.

There are anti chewing sprays available but unfortunraly a lot of them don't work for rabbits...

Rabbits are chewers by nature and anything they can chew, they will chew! Its best to protect or remove things you don't want to be chewed! The sprays usually don't work because they usually have something like bitter apple in them, which rabbits usually end up liking rather than avoiding!

Yes, I have seen a chewstoppa spray I think pets at home sells some. I think it is bitter apple... but I have heard of bunnies who thought it was delicious so its not something I've ever tried!

To be honest I think if a bunny wants to chew something then they will chew it, you then either need to distract the bun, or block whatever it is off or just let them destroy it and then buy a new one :roll:

Ours chewed our new table to death within a month. :)
Now all furniture in bunny contact is metal or solid oak as that is to hard for him to be bothered with.

Aside from the dog anti-chew sprays, there's Cribbox - a horse anti-crib biting paste. I have absolutely no idea if it would be safe for bunnies so you'd have to investigate. But in my experience, once a bunny has set its sights on something you don't want it to get to/on/into/chew or dig, they WILL be all the more determined to find a way :roll:;).

There's something called cranwicks bitter apple, available from the hay experts. I've also seen a tip of rubbing a bar of soap over furniture. I don't know if either work but could be worth a try.

Back