• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor housing post spay?

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

Flo has gone for her spay this morning! I've set up her indoor cage and run area. I've never had an indoor rabbit so just wondering if anyone could cast an eye over it? I want to make sure everything is fully rabbit proof.

This is the cage and area I'll let her out in:
tumblr_nmfjfteSEJ1tirn5fo3_540.jpg

Here is just around the side of my bed:
tumblr_nmfjfteSEJ1tirn5fo2_1280.jpg

There is a bookcase in this corner blocking off the side of the bed where there is a socket & cables:
tumblr_nmfjfteSEJ1tirn5fo5_1280.jpg

I've blocked off the radiator & cable. Shall I turn it off completely? It does get cold sometimes without it on.
tumblr_nmfjfteSEJ1tirn5fo1_1280.jpg

What do you think??

One of the main things to think about is making sure the rabbit isn't allowed tio jump onto anything. Has she been indoors before?

Yeah my bed is far too high for her to jump onto so hopefully should be ok :)
Not really, when I first got her she spent a night in the cage pictured so I could set up her hutch. She has never had free run inside the house so she'll probably chin rub and chew everything :lol:

Both of my rabbits can jump onto my bed and its pretty high so I've got an ottoman and a few wicker storage boxes dotted around the sides of it so they've got an alternative way down!

Back