• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been busy busy!!

catherine09

Mama Doe
So this weekend, I've been very busy :)

I did this from Thursday - Friday afternoon (after a scuffle at the start, a really nice easy bond!) Sweep and Hettie had been seperated since Sweep's severe EC last October and I had been waiting until the right time to re-bond them. I think they have shown me that they were ready to be rebonded as they're so loved up - it's really cute!! Sadly the stress of the bonding has made Hettie a little snuffly (you can probably see her eye in the pic) so yesterday my vet showed me how to do injectible antibiotics, and I'm now on my own eek! Thanfully he thinks it's a small respiratory infection and not related to her teeth, so fingers crossed the antibiotics will clear it up

1455B881-FA83-4F4C-ADAD-9703B45C7D29_zpsv56mwtni.jpg

Then as I was on a roll :lol: I started a bond with Noah and the lionlops. The main driver behind this was I had an opportunity to foster for the RSPCA again on a more regular basis, but only if the bond worked (and freed up half the kennel). So I tried it, and this was a much more difficult bond with quite a bit of lunging and fighting to start with between the boys (1.8kg Woody taking on 5kg Noah :roll: ), and I had to intervene quite a few times to split them up. But I'm very pleased to say they settled down and are now *touchwood* bonded! I haven't witnessed Woody groom Noah as yet but apart from that everyone has groomed everyone else, and the boys happy flopped next to each other yesterday morning :). I moved them from the bonding pen into the kennel yesterday (blocked off shelf and run) and there was no issues at all, not even a chase or a hump :D So I think I have a gorgoues trio now :) and room for fosters :)

This was after they had spent an hour trying to fight with each other and me intervening - tired boys :roll: and poor Jess in the corner trying to stay out of it!
738ACF86-0269-488B-9C18-131FAEB4E79E_zpsmorpoqm1.jpg

Poor Noah feeling a bit left out early in the bond!
53DD20F0-495D-4F7A-9BDD-81F55BC7BFC1_zpsifzbemhx.jpg

And 4 days on, happy trio moved outside into their shed :)
368B32C5-66D6-4127-808C-9762995F0D16_zpsscq8nysp.jpg

Foster bunnies arriving weekend after next, excited!

Ooo I missed this! Who are you bonding to who?

I'd been putting off these bonds for ages, so chuffed and relieved they're all done and successfull!!

Ideally I'd like all six together but I'm not sure that will work, so I'm starting with Pickle, Pud and Albie. I did try and add Ted in yesterday but he started a bit of a fight :lol: if bonding these three goes well I may add Nahla in and see how she does. I'm having to approach it differently as they all have such different personalities. Even if I end up with one group of four and a pair, I'll be thrilled :)

Ideally I'd like all six together but I'm not sure that will work, so I'm starting with Pickle, Pud and Albie. I did try and add Ted in yesterday but he started a bit of a fight :lol: if bonding these three goes well I may add Nahla in and see how she does. I'm having to approach it differently as they all have such different personalities. Even if I end up with one group of four and a pair, I'll be thrilled :)

Gosh you're brave - 3 boys! :shock:

Back