• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel so sick. [WARNING; Graphic Content - no images, just descriptions]

magically

Warren Scout
Two awful awful crimes have happened in the past week towards rabbits in my area.
Please do not read ahead if you feel this will affect you badly.

Today, two youths were seen [not yet caught] driving at high speeds with a rabbit attached via a rope to the back of their car.
A few days ago a rabbit was impaled on a metal fence a burned to death.

Usually, these sorts of things don't tend to affect me badly but this has left me feeling so sick and shaken up.
I genuinely cannot comprehend the evil required to even remotely begin to consider performing an act like this.
Without wanting to sound snobbish, it is in a less desired area to me, but still within a 15 minute drive.

So glad that my two are safe in secure enclosures and that our garden is way out of reach, still sickening.
Anyone in the Burnley/Bury/Blackburn/Oldham/Rochdale/Rossendale area, please beware.

That's horrific. Sadly there is a high correlation of cruelty to animals and other forms of criminality / delinquency. Hopefully they will soon be caught.

I thought so too. I think just the combination of it being so close to home and it being a rabbit is why it affected me more than usual. That probably makes me sound terrible doesn't it? And yes, unfortunately so. People who go on to hurt people usually start with animals first. I'd be the opposite! :lol: Much rather "hurt" a human than an animal.

Thank you for posting.

Really difficult to read ...... More needs to be said about keeping your rabbits safe full stop.
However, these could have been the family's pets.
So utterly tragic :cry::cry:

Thank you for posting.

Really difficult to read ...... More needs to be said about keeping your rabbits safe full stop.
However, these could have been the family's pets.
So utterly tragic :cry::cry:

From what I gather, both were unfortunately pets. Todays report is from word of mouth through a rescue, the other was in the local news.
I felt conflicted posting this, hence the warnings.

How awful :( It's upsetting just reading your post about it, let alone being in your local area! So it's understandable you're shaken up by it. I hope the culprits are found and are banned from keeping animals for life!

Back