• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Revamping Accommodation

Leigh

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

Long time since we have posted here!

We are looking to revamp Libby & Chuzzlewits accommodation. They are indoor bunnies with a room to themselves so space isn't really an issue. But what are some of your favourite things? Something they are really short on is levels, everything is very static at one height so thats definitely something we would like to fix.

But also we were wondering about some hay feeders, and perhaps some of the wooden castles, runs etc

We would be really grateful for any ideas :D

Mine love to sit in my Ikea chair but one of their favourite things is a simple cardboard box. It's a very large, square box and I cut 2 holes - 1 in either side - and then inserted a cardboard tunnel into each hole to make a little warren. Cheap and cheerful but their favourite thing.

thank you Mackers - yes our two adore a cardboard box, sometimes I cut holes, others I leave it so they can find their own way and every so often I stuff them full of hay too as a little surprise!

Don't get me wrong they are very very well loved and taken care of but it must get boring seeing the same thing every day so I sort of want to do a complete revamp! Perhaps I've got bored of it all myself?! LOL

Hi Leigh. Manor Pet Housing do some fantastic castles and multi level things! They are pricey but look like they are great quality and I know lots of people think they are fab :) I haven't got any myself but am saving up!! Also, Winston (my bunny) loves his ikea dolls bed; http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40086351/ It's not very high off the ground but it's something to jump on and off and sprawl on! I know Manor Pet Housing do a 'bunny throne' which is a similar idea. Winston also loves his edible things like his grass mat and grass hidey bed, which are good as once eaten/sufficiently gnawed they can be replaced with something different to add a change of scene!

p.s. big fan of Barks and Bunnies :D

Hi ImoT and Winston!

It's actually Amy but when we registered Leigh created the account LOL He does use it though so it's always a mystery as to who is typing LOL

We are totally in love with the manor pet housing stuff and I suspect will be ordering from them today. Just need to choose which bits to get first as there are so many!

I love the Ikea bed too but our nearest is about an hours round trip driving and we have about 20 bags of dog treats to bake today so I can't see us getting to go :-(

I wonder if it's ok for me to tell people we are Barks & Bunnies here? I'm never sure as I don't want to appear rude!

How is Winston? Has he had a super easter? Just launched a comp on Facebook if you want to enter a photo of him :)

If you do manage to get to an Ikea, I can recommend a Trofast storage unit for levels, depending on the size of your buns (mine are dinky):

Hi ImoT and Winston!

It's actually Amy but when we registered Leigh created the account LOL He does use it though so it's always a mystery as to who is typing LOL

We are totally in love with the manor pet housing stuff and I suspect will be ordering from them today. Just need to choose which bits to get first as there are so many!

I love the Ikea bed too but our nearest is about an hours round trip driving and we have about 20 bags of dog treats to bake today so I can't see us getting to go :-(

I wonder if it's ok for me to tell people we are Barks & Bunnies here? I'm never sure as I don't want to appear rude!

How is Winston? Has he had a super easter? Just launched a comp on Facebook if you want to enter a photo of him :)

Hi Amy! I thought it might be you rather than Leigh, it sounded like you (from you emails...if that makes sense?!) but I didn't want to assume!

Ohh that's a shame, MPH do a similar thing to the ikea bed do you could always order it from them when you do that order?

Winston is great! Because I'm on easter holidays (I work in a school) I've been letting him in the living room (he lives in the kitchen) and he is loving it! So many binkies followed by bunny flops. I can't wait to move him in here when he is finally neutered :)

I've literally just entered a photo of him and then I re-read the info and it said it's not supposed to really be Easter themed so I may have got the wrong end of the stick :p

How's Kizzie's paw doing? Is she allowed out on walks yet?

If you do manage to get to an Ikea, I can recommend a Trofast storage unit for levels, depending on the size of your buns (mine are dinky):

Esupi I love your bunny room setup! Where is you litter tray/hay corner thing from?

Oh my gosh - some people on here are SO creative! It's incredible! What did you cover everything with?

Haha Imogen, is it a good thing I have an email style?! LOL

Leigh's tend to be a bit more formal, I always tell him off and remind him he is writing a Barks & Bunnies email and not his real full time 'proper' job LOL

Well it can be Easter themed it's just I don't want to encourage anyone to play dress up with their anipals so I tend to try and avoid photo comps as it can lead to that... anipal body language can be so subtle and often people post photos of their dogs or bunnies and the signals are there that the anipal was anxious/stressed. So I thought I would just ask for photos that show what everyones dogs and bunnies did over Easter 'real life' photos if you will LOL

Kizzie is allowed super short walks at the moment.... must dash sorry, the buzzer is ringing to say the dog treats are ready!

Haha Imogen, is it a good thing I have an email style?! LOL

Leigh's tend to be a bit more formal, I always tell him off and remind him he is writing a Barks & Bunnies email and not his real full time 'proper' job LOL

Well it can be Easter themed it's just I don't want to encourage anyone to play dress up with their anipals so I tend to try and avoid photo comps as it can lead to that... anipal body language can be so subtle and often people post photos of their dogs or bunnies and the signals are there that the anipal was anxious/stressed. So I thought I would just ask for photos that show what everyones dogs and bunnies did over Easter 'real life' photos if you will LOL

Kizzie is allowed super short walks at the moment.... must dash sorry, the buzzer is ringing to say the dog treats are ready!

Yes I think it is! I tend to be very formal in emails but once I get a reply I reply with the same formalness, so that might be quite informal depending on who it is!

Ah yes that's a very good point! I assure you Winston was not left alone with his lego bunny friend, he just gave him a few sniffs and then hopped off to chomp on some hay :) It was on Easter Sunday though!

Hope the dog treats turned out well :)

Back to the original question you had in this thread…there are some good photos in the 'Indoor Housing' sticky so you might get some ideas for Libby and Chuzzlewits there?

Oh my gosh - some people on here are SO creative! It's incredible! What did you cover everything with?

It was actually a cot blanket also from Ikea - so basically a really thin fleece. It doesn't look like that anymore actually as Fudge has kidney issues now so we needed something wipe clean. Now it's all lino instead, but the flowers were much more fun :)

Well I've designed something to get from Manor Pet Housing but then we realised we could rearrange the room to give them more space which means now I need to find time to redesign what it is we would buy LOL

I'll take a look at the sticky you mentioned too Imogen, thank you! :)

Well I've designed something to get from Manor Pet Housing but then we realised we could rearrange the room to give them more space which means now I need to find time to redesign what it is we would buy LOL

I'll take a look at the sticky you mentioned too Imogen, thank you! :)

Ah that's a pain, but at least you realised before you had ordered it!!

I ordered the same litter tray as Esupi has in her photo, except I got an opaque one, it arrived today and it's fab….Winston loves it! Just thought I would mention it in case you needed litter tray ideas for their new set up :)

We have made tunnels for our boys from an old canvas wardrobe! They love them! They have a single tier in their bedroom and a double tier in our bedroom! We've put material along the top so it's safe to jump on and then a big blanket along the top so its nice and dark and old blankets/jumpers/towels along the bottom so it's cosy! They LOVE them! The wardrobe was ours but they kinda stole it... it was only about £20 off ebay so we gave in [emoji14] They are just like storage cubes really but we use them to make tunnels rather than a house :D
This is the 2 tiered tunnel :)
fe874a077b8a66686897b20d495406b2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Roxy - I wouldn't have in a million years thought to do that! What a super use of something! And really I think most bunnies just love tunnels so it's the perfect use.... I guess you can just hang your clothes somewhere else LOL

I will definitely keep it in mind in the future, it's brilliant!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that we did order from MPH and it's all fab, I will sort out doing photos etc so you can see, I want to write a blog about it to put on our website so once I find the time to do it all I'll come back here and post the link :)

Back