• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I get 2 at same time?

Flopsy-bun

New Kit
I'm buying a baby rabbit on Sunday. He will be 8 weeks old and a mini lop. I have reserved him and we can not wait to pick him upđź’•. I do have the opportunity to get two but I decided on one for now. Have I made the right choice? If I were to get two from the start would it matter if I got another boy or would a doe be better? Obviously I'd get them neutered asp! My plan was to get one, neuter him once he's old enough then get a doe. Which way is best? OR would it matter if I just had one rabbit if he had lots of company from us? That would be me and my 18 year old daughter. xx

Hi. Unless you have 2 separate set-ups it may be easier to just get one for now. If you get 2, when they get to roughly 11/12 weeks their hormones will start to kick in and you will end up separating them until they are approx. 5 months old when you can get them neutered. You will then need to slowly bond them back together.
I would just get the one and then if you decide to get a friend, it may be easier to go to a local rescue who will bond the bunnies for you. Bonding can be very stressful!

Hi. Unless you have 2 separate set-ups it may be easier to just get one for now. If you get 2, when they get to roughly 11/12 weeks their hormones will start to kick in and you will end up separating them until they are approx. 5 months old when you can get them neutered. You will then need to slowly bond them back together.
I would just get the one and then if you decide to get a friend, it may be easier to go to a local rescue who will bond the bunnies for you. Bonding can be very stressful!

:thumb:

Back