• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Theo's got bellyache :(... now Benji!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry: Poor boy.

Last time 'we' went through any kind of stasis/refusing food type episode was when Gracie had her full blockage, so can't help but feel stressed with the memory of that evening!! Luckily our vets are on OOH today.. just deciding how long to give him to see if he gets over if himself. As he lives in my office where I've been half-heartedly working today I know this only started about 2.20 pm, so less than an hour so far. He's calm at the moment, just ignoring the world.

Vibes for spontaneous recovery would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Aw poor Theo. can you make him run round your office? I always find exercise goes a long way in helping if you catch belly ache in its early stages

Oh dear, poor boy. Hopefully it's just a bit of gas and it will quickly resolve. Enya had that this morning. She's fine now

Sending lots of vibes xx

:cry::cry: Poor boy.

Last time 'we' went through any kind of stasis/refusing food type episode was when Gracie had her full blockage, so can't help but feel stressed with the memory of that evening!! Luckily our vets are on OOH today.. just deciding how long to give him to see if he gets over if himself. As he lives in my office where I've been half-heartedly working today I know this only started about 2.20 pm, so less than an hour so far. He's calm at the moment, just ignoring the world.

Vibes for spontaneous recovery would be appreciated.

How is Theo doing Bunny Buddy? :wave:

Apologies for the late reply. I couldn't get back on-line. Theo made a recovery after an hour or so. I was just going to check on him when he stuck his head in a dish of dried plantain as if to see, "Look Humin, I'm eating!"

However, I've just 'done the rounds' outside and Benji is refusing food and doing the stretching thing. As he's outdoors and I last saw him around 9.00 pm I have no idea how long he's been like that so I'm getting ready to take him to the vets - they do open surgery from 9.00 am. I'm just going to feed the indoor buns and set off if he's still not right.

Poor boy :cry: Hope he will soon be feeling much better xx

Thank you. Heather couldn't find anything too worrying, though couldn't hear any gut sounds, so he's being x-rayed and all the usual stuff.

Betsy (Benji's doting wifebun) was sitting stuffing her face with hay whilst Benji was being examined.:roll:

He's having a repeat blood glucose test, I don't know what the reading of initial one was but it must have been a bit on the high side to be re-checking it. :( Not had chance to speak to vet yet as it's very busy.

Edit to add: His first blood glucose reading was 14+, on x-ray his stomach looked big but it was full of food not fluid and gas.
His recent blood glucose score was about 10 (huge relief!) and his stomach is smaller. He's still quiet and not eating but had all the meds and hopefully will start munching soon... on the other hand, Betsy hasn't had a loss of appetite from being at the vets and is eating everything in sight :roll: They might have to separate them at some point to give him a chance!!

Last edited:
He's having a repeat blood glucose test, I don't know what the reading of initial one was but it must have been a bit on the high side to be re-checking it. :( Not had chance to speak to vet yet as it's very busy.

Edit to add: His first blood glucose reading was 14+, on x-ray his stomach looked big but it was full of food not fluid and gas.
His recent blood glucose score was about 10 (huge relief!) and his stomach is smaller. He's still quiet and not eating but had all the meds and hopefully will start munching soon... on the other hand, Betsy hasn't had a loss of appetite from being at the vets and is eating everything in sight :roll: They might have to separate them at some point to give him a chance!!

I have just caught up with this A, and see that one problem is solved and another has been created! Goodness me :shock:

Lots of vibes for a swift recovery. Hopefully by the end of today to avoid OOH vets ....... :thumb:

I have just caught up with this A, and see that one problem is solved and another has been created! Goodness me :shock:

Lots of vibes for a swift recovery. Hopefully by the end of today to avoid OOH vets ....... :thumb:

Thanks. They are staying until tomorrow morning for definite as they like the patient to be eating well before sending them home. I'm lucky as they do their own OOH so no messing about transferring them anywhere else. I hope the poor vet gets some rest this evening, the receptionist said she was dealing with an emergency very late yesterday .. then open surgery at 9am.:(

I just hope these bunnies get it out of their systems this week. I DO NOT want to be doing any mad dashes to the vets next Saturday!!

Last edited:
Thanks. They are staying until tomorrow morning for definite as they like the patient to be eating well before sending them home. I'm lucky as they do their own OOH so no messing about transferring them anywhere else. I hope the poor vet gets some rest this evening, the receptionist said she was dealing with an emergency very late yesterday .. then open surgery at 9am.:(

I just hope these bunnies get it out of their systems this week. I DO NOT want to be doing any mad dashes to the vets next Saturday!!

Three line whip for the bunnies here :lol:

In fact, a three line whip for lots more bunnies too!! ........ :thumb:

Isn't that always the case. When we were children, my mom would say the wrong kid always listened, never the one who needed to make the correction, but the one with the opposite problem.
Maybe Betsy is just trying to show him how good it tastes by being a good example!!

Back