• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Mr Higgins please.....

HelenSB

Warren Scout
Mr Higgins has a mild case of diarrhea this morning. It's the first time he's ever had it and I've gone into complete panic mode. He eat his breakfast fine this morning and seems to be his normal self, running around and eating a few treats. His litter tray has normal poo's but he's come down stairs this morning and has diarrhea. I phoned the vet who said he might have just had too much veg but it's best that he's seen to rule out anything more serious. He has an appointment at 3.30. I'm probably worrying about nothing but can't help panicing!

Deep breath don't panic. Has anything changed in his diet if so it could be that. Try to keep getting hay into him this might help settle him down

Sending lots of vibes for Mr Higgins. Fingers crossed that it is something easily treatable. xx

Sending lots of vibes for Mr H. I would try to stick with just feeding him hay and water til he is seem by the Vet. A few bramble leaves (fresh or dry) would be OK too, but I'd avoid any other 'treats', Veg or fruit xx

Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm only giving him hay and water until the vet has seen him. Maybe he's had too many herbs over the last few days. I was out of carrot tops (his favourite) so he did have extra herbs, maybe that's upset him. The diarrhea isn't constant, it was only the once this morning so hopefully I'm panicing over nothing.

Mr Higgins has a mild case of diarrhea this morning. It's the first time he's ever had it and I've gone into complete panic mode. He eat his breakfast fine this morning and seems to be his normal self, running around and eating a few treats. His litter tray has normal poo's but he's come down stairs this morning and has diarrhea. I phoned the vet who said he might have just had too much veg but it's best that he's seen to rule out anything more serious. He has an appointment at 3.30. I'm probably worrying about nothing but can't help panicing!

I think as Weeble said, it's likely to be too much veg, and if the diarrhoea has stopped then I should think you'll be OK.

Try and encourage a bit more fibre today - hay and readigrass - get his gut back to normal.
Good luck at the vets :thumb:

Well Mr Higgins has started to do some solid poo's about an hour ago. He seems to be fine but I'm guessing i should still keep the vets appointment in an hours time.

Well Higgins has started to do some solid poo's about an hour ago. He seems to be fine buy I'm guessing a should still keep the vets appointment in an hours time.

I would do as it's a long Bank Holiday weekend :) Glad to hear that things have improved in the poo department xx

Well we're back from the vets. Vet said he seemed fine and he was his usual cheeky self. (Mr Higgins, not the vet). He's pooing Ok now so the advice was to keep him on hay only for the next 24hrs. I'm relieved even though I felt that it wasn't anything too serious as he wasn't showing any sign of illness. Still better to get it checked out for peace of mind. Thanks to all you good people for your advice and good wishes.

Well we're back from the vets. Vet said he seemed fine and he was his usual cheeky self. (Mr Higgins, not the vet). He's pooing Ok now so the advice was to keep him on hay only for the next 24hrs. I'm relieved even though I felt that it wasn't anything too serious as he wasn't showing any sign of illness. Still better to get it checked out for peace of mind. Thanks to all you good people for your advice and good wishes.

:lol::lol: Oh to have a cheeky vet!

So glad all is well. I think you were wise to check with the Easter break upon us xx

Pleased to read all is well.

Better to be safe than sorry, especially with the long weekend.

Aww I'm glad he's okay :D Peach had a mild case of diarrhoea before but he bounced back really quickly, so hopefully it's nothing to worry about now he's seen the vet. Always better to get it checked out :thumb:

Glad to hear that all is well :D

Im sorry I missed this Helen,Ive had internet probs over the weekend.Glad gorgeous Mr H is fine now.Sending "stay well vibes".x

Thanks Cathy. Thankfully he's fine. I probably over reacted but he'd never had diarrhea before and I'd read how serious it can be in rabbits. He definitely doesn't like travelling in the car even short distances as he played up for a couple days after. All back to normal now though. Who'd have thought these little bundles if fluff could be such a worry!

Back