• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arthur and Tietjens are getting neutered today

EmmaJayne

New Kit
I dropped our little bunnies Arthur and Tietjens off at Vets for Pets Beeston this morning for neutering. :?

I'm all nervous for them and hope they will be alright. Any good luck vibes much appreciated. :)

Think we're all set for them coming home - clean cage and run, removed things that they might jump onto for the moment, replaced their hay bedding with towels and newspaper.

They usually have their water in bowls anyway so that should be OK.

Will their normal litter pellets be OK in their litter trays!

I can't decide if I should get a snugglesafe heat pad for them but at £22 I can't just buy it on the offchance! I can always nip to Pets at Home if they look like they need it when they get back.

This a picture from when we first got them.

10401963_10155261586495311_1440064221541263607_n.jpg

Thanks Fellie. Yes I forgot to mention those! We've got lots of treats ready and waiting to get them eating again and cheer them up. :love:

You're welcome! Though just realized you'll probably want it today, which you wouldn't be able to do as it's offline. Sorry about that!

No worries - it's useful to know for the future. Wish I'd thought about getting a heat pad earlier. Never mind.

I'm late coming to this thread EmmaJayne, but I hope your two beauties are OK after their op.

I am assuming by now the vet has let you know when you can collect them?

Lots of vibes for their continuing recovery :love:

Hope all went well for your little ones, sending heaps of get well vibes for them.

Some fresh herbs are always good to encourage eating and aid recovery.

Thank you so much for all your kind words. It meant so much as I was really worried about them but didn't need to.

We picked them up at 5 and the vet said all well extremely well with them being alert and interested in food quite quickly.

They are at home now in their seperate areas lying down and recovering. They've been eating well and pooing. Tietjens hasn't had a wee yet but early days!

The vet wants us to take them back in tomorrow for a check up and we have painkillers and antibiotics for Arthur (he's been sneezing).

Really pleased with service from vets and proud of the bunnies.

Back