• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house on Friday :)

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
We are all packed and almost ready. We are moving a lot of our stuff tomorrow and just the final bits like beds and bunnies on Friday with us. I'm trying to plan how to move the bunnies, it's so awkward and a bit of a worry. I have now bonded Ted and Pony and they are on planet love. They are slightly easier to move, their hutch and run is more mobile. I only have one pet carrier though..... And I have Binx and Belle with their enormous Forsham hutch and aviary. The aviary needs dismantled. I'm stressing.....

Plan

1. Leave bunnies in runs (binx and belle are also free ranging) with a shelter if raining.

2. Transport hutches to new address (22 miles away) set them up.

3. Come back for bunnies and take them to new address and put them in their hutches.

4. Dismantle runs and transport them through.

Il be with the buns at all times and my husband will do the dismantling ect.

Any ideas??? Any advice?? I'm not sure if there is a better way to do all this and I need some kind of big carrier for Binx and Belle. I'm thinking a big strong box might be better to move them. Or a small puppy crate? :(

I have other problems too, the new neighbours have dogs on either side, I have no idea what they are like, my dogs are safe with my bunnies. But don't like other dogs :( and the aviary can't be set up the same way as the garden is a slope/hill. Omg stressing.........

Best of luck. My old neighbours had a little terrier that regularly came into our garden and could get to the aviary runs I had there (my dogs couldnt). Rabbits never seemed to mind (phew).

Hope it all goes well.

Back