• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PVC coated mesh dangerous??

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
Can't sleep !

Anyhow I am getting a hutch built for a sanctuary. They said they will be using welded wire mesh. From pics of a previous hutch they built the mesh looks black. Is this pvc coated do u think and would this be dangerous if the bun chewed it?? Cant check with them til morning but just thought i would ask incase any other people cant sleep at 1.45am !

It's quite common for pet cages to be PVC or powder coated - usually it's pre made ones but it might be they are buying panels to use - I don't think it will cause any harm.

My walk-in aviary is made with PVC coated security fencing. It's been there for well over 20 years and the bunnies have nibbled all the green PVC coating away anywhere they can reach. It has never caused a problem. Nowadays it's all just galvanised steel wire to bunny height :lol:.

Back