• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarders

mushlett

Mama Doe
For anyone who does boarding, what is your busiest time of year?
I opened our boarding establishment a few months ago (I do all animals) and I can't believe how busy I am over the Easter period for rabbits. If only it was like this all the time, I really love it, it's such a great business to have :) xx

My boarder put a notice on facebook a few weeks ago to say she was fully booked over Easter.

I've been boarding bunnies since 2002, and every year the demand gets greater. Already two weeks in August are fully booked, and so far my next FULL day off with no-else's bunnies to care for is in........................September!!!!!! Quality care is in huge demand, as many places board bunnies, but sadly lack the understanding needed to care for such....demanding and at times difficult animals. It is very easy to care for a rabbit....badly.

Best of luck with the boarding. Stressful....yes, enjoyable....yes, would I change my job for anything else......................no. One day I will be too old and too wobbly to continue, but in the meantime.......I am one very happy bunny.

I am so surprised by the Easter demand, I rarely don't have a rabbit or 2 staying but I was really shocked that Easter was busier than Xmas :)
Everyone so far has been really impressed with my accommodation, everyone that has been to meet me and view the set ups has booked in so I am so happy so far:)
However people who own rescues or multiple bunnies have my full respect for doing what they do 365 days a year, they are so time consuming xx

Back