• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunny - living space

Bunny Magoo

Warren Scout
So I've had Mr Magoo for 2 years, he has his own room in which he has a cage that contains his hay rack, litter tray and water bottle. Infront of his cage he has his water bowl (which he tends to use more than his bottle, toys and basket of hay. He has free run of his room 24-7 and we tend to let him out into the hallway and lounge when we're home from work. in the evening we bring his water bowl and basket of hay into the living room. He needs to eat more hay and we've noticed that if we are out for the evening he tends to eat more hay...not sure if it's because there's less distraction and freedom?! Didn't think bunnnies could have too much space?? So thinking of building him a 2 floor enclosure? Although think this would be mean and not sure how he'd adapt? Also we are seriously thinking about getting him a friend so need to think how this would work too in terms of living space. Any advice greatly appreciated!

I certainly wouldn't build an enclosure after he has been used to being free, I can't see how rabbits can have too much space.

I would get him a friend and leave them in the whole of the rabbit room :)

Back