• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone had problems with new Hay for Pets courier?

EBM

Mama Doe
My hay order arrived today and the new delivery service they are now using just left the bag outside my front door at 11.22am. I only just got home from work and it's been pouring with rain and the hay is so damp :( I know it comes in a plastic bag but it's either leaked or the condensation build up on the inside has made the hay so wet.
Normally they just deliver it to a neighbour or try again another time. Really disappointed as they've recently put the price up too to cover delivery costs, I know it's not H4Ps fault. I've sent them an email.
I suppose the hay is no good for the rabbits now? I've no where I can dry it out properly

Definitely speak to Anne (on Facebook) from hay 4 pets. She sent me a replacement bag when my rabbits wouldn't eat the hay (no issues with the courier) but I'm sure she would be keen to hear of any issues you've had and want to rectify the situation asap. X

Definitely speak to Anne (on Facebook) from hay 4 pets. She sent me a replacement bag when my rabbits wouldn't eat the hay (no issues with the courier) but I'm sure she would be keen to hear of any issues you've had and want to rectify the situation asap. X

Thank you, I haven't had a reply to my email yet but I will see if I can speak to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last delivery from H4P arrived okay, bagged as per usual and delivered to my door. I was in and no signature required.

they were fine this most recent delivery, although the one before they didn't deliver next day as they were meant to, but the day after. they were polite when o/h phoned them though.

i am sure hay companies must tell the couriers that hay is a natural product and should be kept dry even when in the packaging. we know it's important but many won't. i always think they should make a point of telling the couriers and even putting labels on to say keep dry etc.

i'm sure they will send you a replacement bag if you contact them. but definitely don't use the hay if it's damp :wave:

Back